• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
If I was to sell Burger, Passmore and Kock what would you guys say I should put them on the market as a reserve. I don't want to give them away.

I don't have the experience of buying expensive players but those two bowlers are mint! They are multi million players for their speed, combo of actuals, age, fielding, experience and Burger is bringing his batting to the party as well - they are rare beasts I think - I hope you will let us know if they do go up for sale, not because i can afford them but just curious what skilled players like this will go for

cnerd123

likes this

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Passmore and Burger's best days are yet to come. Hold onto them and build and attack around them.
I agree their best days are yet to come but I have to consider my longer term future as well. They are 23 and they maybe have value for another 3 seasons before they start dropping off. I will be relegated to 3rd div in T20s this season. and have a high chance of being relegated in SOD. That starts making the cost value of the current squad (which will go up) very expensive. Passmore is likely to be replaced in the first team within 2 seasons anyway provided I can get enough training and IGT into the two still developing bowler that have better stats/abilities. For my current team setup Burger is struggling to find a place where he can really contribute because other bowlers do a better job later and he is not doing enough earlier in innings. And thus I am unconvinced his contribution matches his cost. But he is still my best skilled bowler so always trying to get him to work.

I find myself in a position that if I sell Passmore and Burger (in particular) that I could increase my bank balance potential quite a bit, and that may allow me to bid later down the line on some other missing pieces for the TMO squad. This also allows me to cut significantly down on my wage bill while I maximise IGT for the developing bowlers. Those bowlers will probably start maturing about the same time the batting matures (or just behind) and fit better into the long term squad potential, when I hopefully will be back in 2nd div.

So right now I`m balancing keeping Burger and Passmore in a squad that does not feel quite ready to challenge vs selling them, and building the next better potentials down and aiming for a better overall squad in say 2 seasons time. Right now I have to get through a couple of weeks of SOD and a Cup match before I make any major and tough decisions. Hence my asking what you guys think their value is because I don't want to give them away, if I do decide to go that route.

cnerd123

likes this
Relegation is a killer. Definitely need to sell them off and work on a rebuild if that happens.

I suggest staggering the sales. Each of them should fetch 6 figures, if not 7, but if they're both on the TM at the same time you'll split the bids between them.

Jarquis

I’ll jinx him now but Goonerwardene playing the sort of innings I’ve been waiting for from him for a while. Good time to do it too in a must win game.

Jarquis

49.26Harman to Kudesia87 mph
7/10​
off stumpslogPerfectSIX!
Kudesia is very lucky to still be there - Leon Harman seems to be flagging
49.2nb lb1Harman to Kudesia92 mph
2/10​
off stumpslogtotal missLBW appeal - not out No Ball!
Got away with a miss read - real effort behind that ball
49.11Harman to Azam83 mph
8/10​
channelslogskewedRamila gathers that easy infield opportunity

leg bye but strike didn't change?

ataraxia

International Coach
7/10​
off stumpslogPerfectSIX!
2/10​
8/10​

leg bye but strike didn't change?
can you check the score for that ball? It might be a 1nb which went for 0lb.

Jarquis

can you check the score for that ball? It might be a 1nb which went for 0lb.
End of over 49 (18 runs) Ashgrove Astronauts 276/5 RR=5.63
End of Innings of Ashgrove Astronauts 287/7.
Kamal Azam 101 (144) Haidar Khattak 2 (2) Leon Harman 10-0-78-2
49.6.Harman to Khattak86 mph
4/10​
leg stumpattackmiss hit
49.52Harman to Khattak78 mph
7/10​
off stumpslogskewedBackshall misfields that tough infield opportunity
Tadiwanashe Hlengwa is out for 0 from 1 balls, Haidar Khattak will replace him.
49.4WHarman to Hlengwa82 mph
4/10​
leg stumpslogskeweddolly infield CATCH for Dosanjh.
Milan Kudesia is out for 17 from 9 balls, Tadiwanashe Hlengwa will replace him.
49.3WHarman to Kudesia92 mph
0/10​
well offsideslogskeweddolly infield CATCH for Dosanjh.
real effort behind that ball
7/10​
off stumpslogPerfectSIX!
2/10​
8/10​
This over will be by Leon Harman, Mahadev Ahsen has set the field with a single fielder in close, a ring of 6 infielders, leaving 2 in the deep.

11 off the over = 1 run + (1nb + 1b) + 6 + 2

ataraxia

International Coach
End of Innings of Ashgrove Astronauts 287/7.
Kamal Azam 101 (144) Haidar Khattak 2 (2) Leon Harman 10-0-78-2
End of over 49 (18 runs) Ashgrove Astronauts 276/5 RR=5.63
49.6.Harman to Khattak86 mph
4/10​
leg stumpattackmiss hit
49.52Harman to Khattak78 mph
7/10​
off stumpslogskewedBackshall misfields that tough infield opportunity
Tadiwanashe Hlengwa is out for 0 from 1 balls, Haidar Khattak will replace him.
49.4WHarman to Hlengwa82 mph
4/10​
leg stumpslogskeweddolly infield CATCH for Dosanjh.
Milan Kudesia is out for 17 from 9 balls, Tadiwanashe Hlengwa will replace him.
49.3WHarman to Kudesia92 mph
0/10​
well offsideslogskeweddolly infield CATCH for Dosanjh.
real effort behind that ball
7/10​
off stumpslogPerfectSIX!
2/10​
8/10​
This over will be by Leon Harman, Mahadev Ahsen has set the field with a single fielder in close, a ring of 6 infielders, leaving 2 in the deep.

11 off the over = 1 run + (1nb + 1b) + 6 + 2
The ME does occasionally mess up things when a lot happens on just the one delivery, but didn't know it messed up that bad.

StephenZA

Watch me lose this match. A rebuilding Chester ducks has won one game this season, against the TMOs, even though I out-rated them by closer to 15K. They have lost to everybody else. I out-rate them by about 12K now, but just watching the game I honestly believe right now I am likely to lose.

I obviously don't know how to set orders or understand how this game is played.