• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just luck or do you think minus slight rotation there is a reason your side have dropped points v PP and now Winton - low experience? Although I remember likes of Khattak from past CW tournaments
Luck, it’s T20. These things happen.

Elsewhere I would like to note Young doing Young things for the PPs though.

cnerd123

likes this
I note that Jupp had a nice little game against FHK last night; helping the TMOs pull a fast one. Nice little win.
Yea good chase that. FHK'space attack is lacking a third option atm. Winthrop has been given a few chances, and while he's not outright terrible (better average BQ than LOY in these conditions) he's not very good either. Tiffany Yuen very much a 5th bowler too, so we're always one wicket taking option short in these conditions. See off Wong and Hui and it's pretty easy to score.

StephenZA

Another nice and unexpected win for the TMOs against the Astronauts.... big performances by the stalwarts of Levy and Davidson. Hlengwa otherwise devastating the TMO younger batsmen. Probably Davidsons best performance of the season. More importantly Hunt and Jupp continue to do there job bowling upfront. Thanks for the game @Jarquis

cnerd123

likes this
1st ball duck for Halliday in the Cup today lol. Only 16 runs for Samra too.

211 feels a below par score but Bashir has nipped out an early wicket.

cnerd123

likes this
Not enough runs on a flat deck unfortunately. No one fired.

Better to get the bad game out in the cup than drop crucial points in the league

ataraxia

International Coach
First R4 Cup appearance and we win, as we scrape through against @Weatherwax. It shouldn't have been as hard as it has been to get to the last 64, or last 32, as we are ostensibly 12th in the world...

Ashgrove and Jura also advance.

Jarquis

Picking 2 bowlers in my DEV game is paying dividends…

Rotation after SOD and Cup games but priorities shifting to development and survival rather than trying to win 1.1

cnerd123

likes this
FHK dumped out of the Cup too, feels like fatigue played a role there. Great knock by Nathan Law in vain.

Both ZCC and FHK Dev teams will probably relegate this season. Focus is entirely on development. I want trim both squads to get the 20/21 YO Dev kids more game time in Senior cricket, need to sit down and make some tough decisions soon.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Congratulations to ataraXIa, Ashgrove Astronauts and Jura CC going through to the top 32 . Good luck .

Early exit for myself as my batting unit couldn't chase down 227 , don't feel to hard done , their opener scored a 100 and one bowler took 5 for 40 in 8.3 so needed individual performances and didn't happen .

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GG CC

-Gregory Penn, 30-year-old is now retired and is a groundsman with adjustment of 1, and a consistency of 16.
-Krige Booysens, a level 15 bowling coach, is on the market; current bid: $0

SillyCowCorner1

Mooooo CC

Team for today's DEV match:

1. Hogg
2. Dalton
3. Hadi Hafeez (former BD national player) (c)
4. Griff Whitfield
5. Oliver James
6. Anand
7. Hamid
8. Blundell (wk)
9. Kotze
10. Elkington
11. Walker

James gets a push up the order even though he is a finisher. I want him to make the best out of his skills, he's a 42/50 batsman.
Got the goods; use them!

SillyCowCorner1

Hafeez tight as ever in his initial spell
Griff expensive; Walker as well
Elkington starts off with a maiden

The opposition team is 50/1 in the middle of the 10th over.

SillyCowCorner1

Mooooo CC

Team for today's DEV match:

1. Hogg
2. Dalton
3. Hadi Hafeez (former BD national player) (c)
4. Griff Whitfield
5. Oliver James
6. Anand
7. Hamid
8. Blundell (wk)
9. Kotze
10. Elkington
11. Walker

James gets a push up the order even though he is a finisher. I want him to make the best out of his skills, he's a 42/50 batsman.
Got the goods; use them!
The move to send James up the order proved to be genius. He finished the game for us batting with the tail. We got to the target of 197 with the James and the number 11 in the middle. James held his nerves and hit 2 fours to take us home. A good win.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Understood mate , but you never know what boat the other teams are also in. From an external perspective currently your teams are both still on the rise in terms of CWC games according to the XPV. There's really not much in most games in this format hence most end up as 4.1 results - even games that get away from us or fall into our lap at the end generally turn on a couple of wickets - which suddenly put the brakes on or a few slashes and suddenly one over goes for 24 and changes the complexion.

Take the Orangutans (my dark horse for the 2nd half) in 8th - I don't see them ending the season there - they have been very unlucky given the quality of management and players. This is maybe represented by the big number of bonus points they have gathered in , suggesting they have just been on the wrong end of some very close results but are nearly always competitive -that 5-8 in the first half could easily flip to 8.5 (or more) in the second without any great changes ...take ❤ !

As that great cricketer Will Shakespeare said 'There's many a slip between cup and lip' ..and we havent even filled the cup yet!
That's the last time I give you any encouragement you old cow! You're milking me! :no: :laugh:
https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1704695