• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Much as I hate to lose... the matches so far show the competitiveness of CWC and that we are in good order. Also 'you never know' what will happen on the day , what issues lay beneath the surface for each team and whether the roulette wheel landed on you that day for the at least 1 in 20 ? in 10? times folk omit/ forget to set ideal orders! to borrow..... you gotta be in it, to win it!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Much as I hate to lose... the matches so far show the competitiveness of CWC and that we are in good order. Also 'you never know' what will happen on the day , what issues lay beneath the surface for each team and whether the roulette wheel landed on you that day for the at least 1 in 20 ? in 10? times folk omit/ forget to set ideal orders! to borrow..... you gotta be in it, to win it!
Marwick with a helmet-trick!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Small comfort for me that I called out that Moo were in it to win it last week and that TMO's were my dark horses! I've limped home with a couple of singles this week - in the Geese match Lewington was a bad choice as his balls only spun off the back of the stand seats! and he showed the appetite of a hunger striker when he came to the crease (De Beers - who is normally a 'Steady Eddie' for a tidy spell was also carted around like a horse ready for the glue factory) - congrats to TMO for some great middle order batting

Incisive, controlled bowling from the seamer quartet of Mooo put Jura under huge pressure and even though we scratched around for runs until the end it was a good 20 or 30 short of what was needed as a result.

Mooo's opener Meyiwa played a fine innings, (perfect for the circumstances at 7.5 RPO) so we waited and waited for the cows to come home in terms of wickets but they did not oblige until a bit of magic from Marwick at the death , too late though!

Well done also then to you , sir!

(P.S. SCC is that your own creation 'helmet trick' ? I've never heard it before - what would happen if u took 5?)

:)

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
In accordance to me creating special teams i taught it fitting to do a team of round 15 for CWC8 . Ill do these when possible . So criteria top performers per position. top order 1-3 . Middle Order 4 -6 (Batsman SR does matter a lot due to t20) . Wicket keeper Runs + dismissals . 3 All rounders Runs + Wickets 2 Bowlers wickets ( Subject to performers , if 3 bowlers do very well it will replace all rounders etc.)

1 Derek Truelove (TWG) 82*(59)
2 Liam Levy (TMO) 64 (53)
3 Tsungirirai Meyiwa (Moooo) 72(52)
4 Todii Mthombeni (W/K)(TMO) 43(28) + 1 Catch
5 Andre Schofield (TWG) 44(22)
6 Daniel Le Roux (TMO) 36*(11)
7 Michael Winton (ataraXIa) 48(37) 3 for 17 of 4
8 Danial Ahsan (ZCC) 36*(38) 3 for 18 of 3.4
9 Mike Holroyd(PP) 14(17) 4 for 15 of 4
10 Lester Shum(Free HK) 8(18) 3 for 19 of 4
11 Jay Marwick (Jura) 3*(2) 4 for 5 from 2

Honorable Mentions Heshan de Melho (wk) 48(45) + 1 Catch , Rogier Van Zyl 58(53) , Damien Moore 3 for 19 of 4 , Lahiru Vethanayagam 3 for 21 of 4 . Andre Schofield 44(22)

Hope I didn't miss anyone . Still some great performances .

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Small comfort for me that I called out that Moo were in it to win it last week and that TMO's were my dark horses! I've limped home with a couple of singles this week - in the Geese match Lewington was a bad choice as his balls only spun off the back of the stand seats! and he showed the appetite of a hunger striker when he came to the crease (De Beers - who is normally a 'Steady Eddie' for a tidy spell was also carted around like a horse ready for the glue factory) - congrats to TMO for some great middle order batting

Incisive, controlled bowling from the seamer quartet of Mooo put Jura under huge pressure and even though we scratched around for runs until the end it was a good 20 or 30 short of what was needed as a result.

Mooo's opener Meyiwa played a fine innings, (perfect for the circumstances at 7.5 RPO) so we waited and waited for the cows to come home in terms of wickets but they did not oblige until a bit of magic from Marwick at the death , too late though!

Well done also then to you , sir!

(P.S. SCC is that your own creation 'helmet trick' ? I've never heard it before - what would happen if u took 5?)

:)
Not my creation, I've heard it being mentioned a few times as a kid so it just stuck with me.