• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Australia thread

Craig

World Traveller
Australia 28/0 after Sri Lanka won the toss and decided to bowl first.

Wicket is looking pretty flat.

Kent

State 12th Man
Can someone in NZ tell me what's going on with the coverage of this test?

For some reason it's listed to start at 4.30 on SS2 each day. That's 10 minutes before tea by my reckoning, which is an odd time to join it when you're currently showing American kiddies competing in maths!

Kent

State 12th Man
tooextracool said:
if there was an award for 'the most home orientated batsman', jayawardene would win it hands down.

Home 57.23
Away 35.58
Here's a close contender -

CD McMillan
Home 51.64
Away 31.52

Not a bad discrepancy after 7 years on the circuit!

Waughney

International Debutant
Turns out I will be going to the test, 3rd day onwards. Anyone else going?

Last edited:

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Yep I'm heading to Carins in a matter of a few hours now. Will be there for the remainder of the match (day 2-5). Ive got tix got the grandstand for day 2 and 3, days 4 and 5 are buy at the gate.

Should be good fun.

tooextracool

International Coach
Adamc said:
Check your stats. Jayawardene averages 37.64 away from home, which is more than Jayasuriya (35.65). Atapattu averages 39.98 and Sangakkara 50.88 away from home. Clearly, Jayawardene contributes about as much as Jayasuriya and Atapattu, hence you can't say that the batting lineup revolves solely around the top 3.
nope check here

regardless i dont think jayasuriya or attapattu are world class batsman....and the batting certainly doesnt revolve around them away from home.....the only real world class batsman in that side is sangakkara....and i think that is reflected in his stats

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
tooextracool said:
nope check here

regardless i dont think jayasuriya or attapattu are world class batsman....and the batting certainly doesnt revolve around them away from home.....the only real world class batsman in that side is sangakkara....and i think that is reflected in his stats
Meh, I trust cricinfo.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Eclipse said:
Ponting will be kicking himself.
Yeah he looked really disappointed in himself as he was walking off. Shame he got out, he looked in really good touch, middled everything.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i am thinking that is the worst ball ever bowled thats taken a test wicket!
the ball really should be somewhere in downtown cairns right now....