• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah to be honest I expected a tougher challenge for SL A , it's usually a tough place to tour for any team we put out in SENA but it's been really comfortable..

All we have to do is get through your top order and the rest fall like dominoes..Bowling attack also lacking
Its a combination of things, regarding testing players and youngsters but also where the games are being played. The secondary venues in SA will suit SL far more, generally slower and drier pitches.

But SA A batsmen are not knocking any doors down which is a concern.

SeamUp

International Coach
Its a combination of things, regarding testing players and youngsters but also where the games are being played. The secondary venues in SA will suit SL far more, generally slower and drier pitches.

But SA A batsmen are not knocking any doors down which is a concern.
Only 2 50s from de Zorzi and Breetzke.

With the CPL happening there might be some players not available for UAE so these guys need to show what they can do.

SeamUp

International Coach
We still need to be better than what we have been and any old SA A team from 20 years ago would normally (no disrespect beat a Sri Lanka A team in Potch or Boland). Our fielding has been well below par.

Saying that I think the average scores should always be 280-320 here. Our batting hasn't been good enough bar a couple bright sparks.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We still need to be better than what we have been and any old SA A team from 20 years ago would normally (no disrespect beat a Sri Lanka A team in Potch or Boland). Our fielding has been well below par.

Saying that I think the average scores should always be 280-320 here. Our batting hasn't been good enough bar a couple bright sparks.
We haven't been good. But that is just a general state of SA cricket right now.

Silver Silva

International Debutant

No disrespect at all ! I honestly expected this young side to get thrashed , all our best players are in England right now while guys like Pathirana , Vandersay, Wellalage, Asalanka , Avishka Fernando who are normally part of the ODI team aren't available either ..

I think from outsiders perspective there are some players on SA A team who lack basic fundamentals to play spin bowling.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
First wicket down now to spin. Sri Lanka still in this despite South Africa going at 12 runs an over.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
If you was in charge of the SA team for AFG series who would you pick ?
Well there's a lot of things to consider when selecting any Proteas side, I would look to be building our all rounder base , so I wouldn't play our strongest team ..

Mine would look like:

1.David Bedingham
2.Tony De Zorzi
3.Temba Bavuma (C)
4.Kyle Verreynne (WK)
5.Wiaan Mulder
6.Tristan Stubbs
7.Dewald Brevis
8.Senuran Muthusamy
9.Marco Jansen
10.Kagiso Rabada
11.Kwena Maphaka