• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Hopefully worked on his strength & conditioning during his injury lay off. Adds a bit of skill with an extra yard & he can push for higher honours with that smooth repeatable action.

Sri Lanka A 298/9
Sipamla 10 1/51
Luus 10 3/72
Bosch 9 2/60
Muthusamy 6 0/41
Phehlukwayo 10 3/38
Mogakane 4 0/21
Brevis 1 0/10
We lost by 93 runs , terrible performance by the A side ..Getting bowled out for 200 in Potch is criminal that's the flattest deck in SA

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
And the scary thing is , I thought that wasnt a terrible A side put on the park bar Andile Mokagane,
I mean what's going on there? How is a guy with an average of 17 and a SR of 60 batting at No.6 for SA A , he only has 6 wickets in 28 List A games to boot ..
What rubbish is that man.

SeamUp

International Coach
And the scary thing is , I thought that wasnt a terrible A side put on the park bar Andile Mokagane,
I mean what's going on there? How is a guy with an average of 17 and a SR of 60 batting at No.6 for SA A , he only has 6 wickets in 28 List A games to boot ..
What rubbish is that man.
They've gone with Mogakane, Simelane, Mpongwana as the BA batsmen capable of breaking into the 2027 WC squad I reckon. More punts in selection right now.

SeamUp

International Coach
Champions Trophy next year
Stubbs pushes one out right? Reeza Hendricks for me and either Rassie or Markram opens.

Bavuma
Rassie
Markram
Stubbs
Klaasen
Miller

Right now I can only see Rickelton, De Zorzi, Breetzke, Bedingham, Brevis, Verreynne, J Hermann, Mulder & Kruger breaking in any time soon to that top 6.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Its always strange watching the medium/fast bowlers in the SA A squads. I mean practically most of them are likely to get a look in at the top level. Good FC bowlers, but no chance at top accolades, unless you end up with 6/7 injuries. Always feels a bit sad. Simelane and Peter, I`m interested to see how they develop.

SeamUp

International Coach
Its always strange watching the medium/fast bowlers in the SA A squads. I mean practically most of them are likely to get a look in at the top level. Good FC bowlers, but no chance at top accolades, unless you end up with 6/7 injuries. Always feels a bit sad. Simelane and Peter, I`m interested to see how they develop.
Only way that type get in is if super skillful (Philander, S Pollock, Matthews) or in the All-Rounder category to balance the quicks.

That's why they fast-tracking Maphaka and Luus too I guess.

SeamUp

International Coach
Great start by Prince.

I would honestly think about releasing Eddie Moore and Yaseen Vallie at the end of this season and bringing him back home to Cape Town.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Prince is looking good. I like how still he is at the crease with the bowler running in.

I will say, even with Bedingham, is the footwork doesn't look great. Inconsistent footwork.

SeamUp

International Coach
Prince is looking good. I like how still he is at the crease with the bowler running in.

I will say, even with Bedingham, is the footwork doesn't look great. Inconsistent footwork.
Verreynne similar in a way. But most batsman these days are relying too much on hand and eye. Their transfer of weight into the ball needs to be perfect.