• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Retaining the Trophy"

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Aside from Smith getting concussed being what actually cost them the series, they were on the piss for a week before the fifth test in 2019. Good on them too.
Lol, can’t cope with one man missing a single game but our best bowler misses it all bar the first morning and that’s fair game. Can’t make this **** up

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aside from Smith getting concussed being what actually cost them the series, they were on the piss for a week before the fifth test in 2019. Good on them too.
They'll regret it when they realise it means that their children will never respect them.

"What happened next Pa? Did you win?"

"Emm... no. But we retained the trophy?"

"Lame. I'm going to play Minecraft".

Burgey

I agree it’s ordinary. It’s like leaving a tour to go home for the birth of your kid. Weak as piss.

Burgey

Lol, can’t cope with one man missing a single game but our best bowler misses it all bar the first morning and that’s fair game. Can’t make this **** up
Mate based on how he’s bowled this series I wish he’d played in 2019, because we’d have won 4-0. He’s an Ashes dud. Had one good series in a career longer than the Cretaceous.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Mate based on how he’s bowled this series I wish he’d played in 2019, because we’d have won 4-0. He’s an Ashes dud. Had one good series in a career longer than the Cretaceous.
T Rex would have had more wickets if he played as many tests

Yeoman

U19 Vice-Captain
It is what it is, but games like Durham 2013 and The Oval 2019 were absolutely not dead rubbers (and I’d say this even if the good guys hadn’t triumphed in both)
I went to both and, at least to me, while the 2013 game was closely contested (and a fine game in and of itself), the 2019 did have rather a flat feel despite England winning.

To try and articulate why, perhaps it was because in 2013, as an England supporter, one felt energised by the success of retaining the Ashes and perhaps wished to do so in a more conclusive way than the rain-affected draw in the previous match. In 2019 by contrastone knew that the key aim of the series had already not been achieved.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Imagine the next two days are rained off and Australia have the audacity to celebrate. Lol
no one here celebrating this piss poor performance but you 100% know the poms would finally admit have crap the weather is over there

loterry1994

International Debutant
Yes after all, all we ever do is extol the virtues of the English weather.
if they get 1-1.5 sessions and don’t win I told you yesterday it was on the declaration. Didn’t need no where near 270 lead and batting an hour after lunch and carrying half the team to milestones. With a 150-200 lead and an extra 90’minutes of bowling yesterday and Australia are all out most likely

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not sure why you decided to bring up my controversial BOTM win in 2011 but I can assure you, I did not steal the election
You tried to but your mules voted for Benchmark instead.

Still won.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
should barely be raining at all in summer but this scheduling has been ridiculous to have most the matches in a month is crazy
I mean, it rains in England. It is what it is. It’s why Burgey only predicted 4-0.

Tbf The Ashes would only normally be starting in early-mid July, and in theory the lack of late August/September Tests gave us a better chance of good weather, but here we are. I don’t study the Manc weather but only live 40 mins from old Trafford and reckon most weeks since the start of the series we’d have got through with just a handful of interruptions.