• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ravindra Jadeja vs Graeme Swann

Who was the better bowler?(Tests)

• Ravindra Jadeja

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Graeme Swann

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

subshakerz

International Coach
I think I'm going to call it the Ikki:

1. Make highly subjective, highly contestable claim about something which is difficult to judge
2. Call claim a "fact" or "obvious" or something else
3. Say that anyone who disagrees with this claim is being dishonest or gaslighting etc

So aggravating.
It isn't contestable or subjective.

subshakerz

International Coach
Yes I will enjoy my Jadeja love.
He wasn't joke as Akram, Waqar and Saqlain to lose 3 home test series in 3 years against SA , Pak and Zim in 97, 98 and 99.
Switching topics, always a good sign that you are winning the argument.

sunilz

International Regular
He lost a home series against his Pak?
No. Pak lost 3 series at home against Aus, Sa, Zim in 97, 98 and 99.

According to him home series doesn't matter. One should only judge by overseas record and completely ignore those overseas place where a player you hate has better record. Like he is doing for Jadeja in Aus and Sa.

sunilz

International Regular
Switching topics, always a good sign that you are winning the argument.
Nah I am learning from you.
How to use Kapil's career average in Kapil vs Harris argument
And ignore Swann's career average in Swann vs Jadeja argument. Good try .

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think I'm going to call it the Ikki:

1. Make highly subjective, highly contestable claim about something which is difficult to judge
2. Call claim a "fact" or "obvious" or something else
3. Say that anyone who disagrees with this claim is being dishonest or gaslighting etc

So aggravating.
Is this not the standard method of argument and debate nowadays?

Xix2565

International Regular
As usual, it's ****posts from Subshakerz that he desperately wants everyone to recognise as some form of legitimate argument. Let me know when there's actual discussion to be had rather than all this.

Spark

Global Moderator
Is this not the standard method of argument and debate nowadays?
Apparently. Between that and "Well okay it isn't true but it felt true and sounded like it could be true so therefore I'm going to pretend that it is true, even though it isn't" it's a hard call to pick which is the more annoying mode of online debate these days though.

subshakerz

International Coach
According to him home series doesn't matter. One should only judge by overseas record and completely ignore those overseas place where a player you hate has better record. Like he is doing for Jadeja in Aus and Sa.
I prefer cricketers who perform in a variety of conditions. Doesn't mean they don't perform at home.

You prefer home bullies as long as they perform in India.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently. Between that and "Well okay it isn't true but it felt true and sounded like it could be true so therefore I'm going to pretend that it is true, even though it isn't" it's a hard call to pick which is the more annoying mode of online debate these days though.
Hey, don't trivialize my feelings they matter as much as any supposed 'facts'....

sunilz

International Regular
I prefer cricketers who perform in a variety of conditions. Doesn't mean they don't perform at home.

You prefer home bullies as long as they perform in India.
Nah you prefer any cricketer as long as he isn't Indian .
Just like you are preferring Swann who averages 42 in AUS, SA and NZ and hate Jadeja who averages 30 in these countries.

subshakerz

International Coach
You can be every bit as bad and employ the exact same ****ty debating school "tricks", cool your jets before you get on your high horse.
You want to compare me being too strident in my opinions vs these posters who go into personal offense triggered mode every second or third post, that's fine.

Last edited:

Xix2565

International Regular
You can be every bit as bad and employ the exact same ****ty debating school "tricks", cool your jets before you get on your high horse.
Because asking questions and wanting more than inconsistent logic from the likes of Sub is "tricks"...

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah you prefer any cricketer as long as he isn't Indian .
Just like you are preferring Swann who averages 42 in AUS, SA and NZ and hate Jadeja who averages 30 in these countries.
I think Jadeja's average in Australia has to be taken with a grain of salt fwiw, since he only played half the games, and didn't play at the most notoriously "death to all finger spinners" grounds in the country. Swann did.

Mind you, Swann was passable at best in Australia - he was okay in 2010/11 but only as a holding spinner - and utterly trash in 2013, compounded by cutting and running because he couldn't hack it any more so it's not as if that's a favourable comparison to Swann.