• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ravindra Jadeja vs Graeme Swann

Who was the better bowler?(Tests)

• Ravindra Jadeja

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Graeme Swann

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

sunilz

International Regular
Yes and how many surfaces like that did Swann bowl on at home, genius? At least don't deny that Jadeja didn't have a massive advantage.
Swann average in Ind : 29
But he would have averaged same as Jadeja if he would have been an Indian player.

Funny why this logic wasn't applicable in Kapil vs Harris argument when Kapil averaged 24 in Aus which is better than Harris and Kapil also has more 5 wkt haul in Aus (5) in 11 tests than Harris has (2) in 13 tests.

subshakerz

International Coach
Swann average in Ind : 29
But he would have averaged same as Jadeja if he would have been an Indian player.

Funny why this logic wasn't applicable in Kapil vs Harris argument when Kapil averaged 24 in Aus which is better than Harris and Kapil also has more 5 wkt haul in Aus (5) in 11 tests than Harris has (2) in 13 tests.
Swann debuted in India, you can count that if you want to but I don't, and then was excellent in 2012

sunilz

International Regular
Swann debuted in India, you can count that if you want to but I don't, and then was excellent in 2012
He debuted in India at the age of 29 which means his peak years . He hardly debuted
at the age of Sachin or Waqar that his debut series shouldn't count .

In 2012 , he was the 3rd best bowler of that series after Panesar and Anderson. In the 1st test of that series , he played alone(Panesar didn't play 1st test )and averaged 42 . It was from 2nd test onwards he was effective because Panesar and Anderson destroyed Indian batting and Swann also joined the party. I don't think you watched that series?

_00_deathscar

International Regular
That is silly to say. The first series was his debut series and the second he did very well to help England win the series. And this was before pitches were as spicy as they later became.
Discounting the series Jadeja was crap in, he averages like 12.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's a bit disingenuous to say Swann didn't do well in India. He was instrumental in the 2012 win.

It's also not fair to not concede that on the whole, Jadeja has benefited from much friendlier wickets for spin.

You can cede both these points and still argue that Jadeja > Swann.

subshakerz

International Coach
I think it's a bit disingenuous to say Swann didn't do well in India. He was instrumental in the 2012 win.

It's also not fair to not concede that on the whole, Jadeja has benefited from much friendlier wickets for spin.

You can cede both these points and still argue that Jadeja > Swann.
Exactly. The problem with some of these fanboyz posters is they are so committed to defending their local favorites that they don't want to concede blatantly obvious points.

subshakerz

International Coach
He debuted in India at the age of 29 which means his peak years . He hardly debuted
at the age of Sachin or Waqar that his debut series shouldn't count .

In 2012 , he was the 3rd best bowler of that series after Panesar and Anderson. In the 1st test of that series , he played alone(Panesar didn't play 1st test )and averaged 42 . It was from 2nd test onwards he was effective because Panesar and Anderson destroyed Indian batting and Swann also joined the party. I don't think you watched that series?
I watched it and it is crazy to think that Swann with the most wickets didn't have a key role in that victory. If you aren't prepared to concede the most obvious facts there isn't any point in engaging with you. Enjoy your Jadeja love

subshakerz

International Coach
Jadeja is a complete demon at home while Swann is a more proven matchwinner across conditions.

The above is a fact and frankly the entire basis for the debate over who is the best spinner. If you can't accept that you are just not being honest.

sunilz

International Regular
Exactly. The problem with some of these fanboyz posters is they are so committed to defending their local favorites that they don't want to concede blatantly obvious points.
They need to learn from you.
When comparing Harris vs Kapil , don't bring superior bowling support to Harris and pacer friendly bowling conditions in Australia.
And while arguing Jadeja vs Swann those points become valid despite Swann's much inferior record in India vs Jadeja.

subshakerz

International Coach
They need to learn from you.
When comparing Harris vs Kapil , don't bring superior bowling support to Harris and pacer friendly bowling conditions in Australia.
And while arguing Jadeja vs Swann those points become valid despite Swann's much inferior record in India vs Jadeja.
I didn't bring bowling support up in either case.

Australia 2010 - 2015 is not in the same zone of being pace friendly as India 2015 onwards was to spin. You know this, of course, but are running out of good arguments.

sunilz

International Regular
I watched it and it is crazy to think that Swann with the most wickets didn't have a key role in that victory. If you aren't prepared to concede the most obvious facts there isn't any point in engaging with you. Enjoy your Jadeja love
Yes I will enjoy my Jadeja love.
He wasn't joke as Akram, Waqar and Saqlain to lose 3 home test series in 3 years against SA , Pak and Zim in 97, 98 and 99.