• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ranking the Bowlers

adharcric

International Coach
UPDATE: Once again, the race is wide open with Imran, Lillee, Donald, Barnes and Rhodes all within two votes of each other.

Don't let Imran win with 3 votes ...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its either Lillee or Imran for me. Imran's record is superb, but if you hear all the contemporaries, and I mean literally all, they all credit Lillee as the greatest fast bowler of the modern era.

Apparently Marshall went up to Lillee and asked him how to swing it both ways, and Hadlee credits his career to Lillee and having someone to look up to like that. The fact that Lillee completely changed his style post-stress fracture injury and became an even better bowler is a fair credit

But then again you've got Imran who toiled away on dead pitches against the best, and bowled one of his best spells with a serious shin injury that kept him away from bowling for 2 years or something like that.

I'll go Lillee, even though I almost voted Imran last round. *shrugs*

shortpitched713

International Captain
Wow, quite surprised that Trueman makes it to the top 10, never quite rated him there myself. I'm going for Barnes here myself, pretty ridiculous if he doesn't make it to the top 10, IMO.

Last edited:

C_C

International Captain
Imran.
Better bowler than Donald IMO though Donald is an alltime great. Not ahead of Wasim or Imran though IMO.

adharcric

International Coach
Dennis Lillee walks in at #8.

The List
1. Malcolm Marshall (WI)
2. Muttiah Muralitharan (SRI)
3. Glenn McGrath (AUS)
4. Curtly Ambrose (WI)
5. Richard Hadlee (NZ)
6. Shane Warne (AUS)
7. Fred Trueman (ENG)
8. Dennis Lillee (AUS)

The vote for the #9 bowler of all-time begins now.

The Contenders