• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Dead set the strangest we've seen on here. I made a concious effort in the end to back off and not engage as he gave off such massive mental health issue vibes.

Right decision to perma as much for him as the forum tbh

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was just really lame this time. I don’t mind the occasional rando who comes in for everyone to use as a punching bag but this time it was just like

Athlai

Not Terrible
If he wasn't such a terrible person to talk to, he had a pretty solid watch list of film. A lot of awful takes though

Spark

Global Moderator
Ultimately the fact that so many people were actively avoiding engaging with him is just bad news for a forum because "actively disengage from one person" quickly turns into "actively disengage from any threads where that person is involved" and thus "actively disengage from the forum full stop". We've made that mistake before on not clamping down on that sort of thing so we don't want to do it again.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I kinda had the same feeling as Adders here. Just gave vibes off someone who maybe had some mental health issues. Hope he feels and does better. Not that I disagree with the ban, btw. Beyond a point, gotta do what is best for the forum.

Spark

Global Moderator
i think i've been serially reporting some of his more dire posts in the hope others were doing the same and it would lead to a forum atmosphere
but it was a sequence of three disturbingly horny posts in the olympics thread that did it for me the other day
Those there the ones that did it for us too, but it really was an accumulation. I'd say a good 50% of reports over the last few months were about him.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He was just such a punishing poster. There's nothing particularly wrong with lists of films, scenes, music etc. but he went about them in such a way that was much more 'I'm right, you're wrong' about it which made actually debating the lists almost impossible. Perhaps I would have persevered for longer if I hadn't already come across him on Planet Rugby (as Smudge has mentioned) and tried debating some of his film lists on there. At least he knew better than to practice some of his Putin-boosting over here.