• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan tour of Sri Lanka - 2022

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
This new Jayasuriya is doing well. The new Axar Patel?

Also why is Fawad Alam not playing? Did they drop him after the Aussie series? Or is he injured?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Axar vs Boland vs Jamieson vs Prabath Jayasuriya.

Who among these debut wonders will hit a bowling average of 25 first? And who all will sustain their average below 25 till end of career?

Bijed

International Regular
This new Jayasuriya is doing well. The new Axar Patel?

Also why is Fawad Alam not playing? Did they drop him after the Aussie series? Or is he injured?
If they wouldn't pick him for all those years whilst he was averaging 55+ in first class cricket, I guess binning him after a couple of bad tests is is... consistent?

Axar vs Boland vs Jamieson vs Prabath Jayasuriya.

Who among these debut wonders will hit a bowling average of 25 first? And who all will sustain their average below 25 till end of career?
I honestly wouldn't be massively surprised if Boland never plays another test. I think he's older than all of Australia's incumbent pacers, and whilst I presume he'd deservedly be next in line in case of injury, if a vacancy doesn't come up in the next couple of series, I can sort of see the selectors wanting to look at someone younger instead by the time they do need injury cover.

Last edited:

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
Bring a pacer back in I think. These are valuable runs for Pakistan.

Edit: Ah Rajitha into the attack.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Wonderful from Babar. Theekshana looks more incisive when he doesn't bowl like Ajantha Mendis-lite.

smash84

The Tiger King
Babz, you beauty. But it's going to be a challenge chasing anything over 150 in the 4th innings