• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan tour of Sri Lanka - 2022

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Babar mistook Galle for Perth, hence we are going with 3 pacers & 1 spinner (that too out of form Yasir).
That looks like three spinners and three pacers to me. I'd be more worried about unproven batting of both allrounders. Hard to believe either of them could bowl worse than Sajid.

Last edited:

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Shaheen with a few balls sprayed down leg in his first 2 overs, lures Dimuth into a false sense of security, surprises him with a straight one.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Sri lanka dropping Kamindu Mendis after his promising start vs Australia is beyond a brain dead move.
Chandimal would do well to take it past 160-170

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I always thought Chandimal would be the next Mahela/Sanga for SL early in his career. Hopefully he'll build on his recent confidence and put up some solid performances in future.

smash84

The Tiger King
hmmm, quite an action packed day it seems.

SL already getting 2 before the close of play. I should catch the highlights.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Theekshana batted well today & got SL over 220... But his bowling doesn't seem test standard. Jayasurya looked class apart on his end.
Interesting day 2 ahead. If SL get Babar early. They can very well think about taking a lead.

Migara

International Coach
Theeshana is a very good defensive bowler it seems. Once the batsman fails to pick his carom ball and googly, they are crease bound against him. Bowls pretty flat and quick too. I would say perfect as the third spinner.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Theeshana is a very good defensive bowler it seems. Once the batsman fails to pick his carom ball and googly, they are crease bound against him. Bowls pretty flat and quick too. I would say perfect as the third spinner.
Yes, but he'll be shown the door if the team doesn't do well (and his is numbers don't look that great in related games). I surely see him do well in tests with some adjustments, but he has been pushed way too early.

Theekshana batted well today & got SL over 220... But his bowling doesn't seem test standard. Jayasurya looked class apart on his end.
Interesting day 2 ahead. If SL get Babar early. They can very well think about taking a lead.
Agreed, they should've given him more time. He needs to work on his stock offie a little bit more.