• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I guess Uppercut's point was that they might be keeping Woakes around because he could be useful in the next home Ashes, which would be a bridge too far for Jimmy.
Well, that's the assumption BMac seems to be making, but I never thought we'd see a 41 year old selected as a seam up bowler for England either, so what's three more years on the clock to a (in the nicest possible way) freak?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, that's the assumption BMac seems to be making, but I never thought we'd see a 41 year old selected as a seam up bowler for England either, so what's three more years on the clock to a (in the nicest possible way) freak?
I don't agree with the handling of Jimmy either. Moreso because I hate the idea of viewing every other test series as Ashes prep, but I agree with this point too. Age-related decline is extremely non-linear and uncertain, and they're behaving like it's something they can predict.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Well this is the first time we have faced proper Bazball. Alzarri and Jayden looked a bit shocked. I don;t know why, surely we prepped for this?

I feel Motie missing out is going to be a big problem because Sinclair's off spin has been super expensive recently.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well this is the first time we have faced proper Bazball. Alzarri and Jayden looked a bit shocked. I don;t know why, surely we prepped for this?

I feel Motie missing out is going to be a big problem because Sinclair's off spin has been super expensive recently.
I wonder if Sinclair really will bat 8.

Qlder

International Debutant
Wow, turned it on and Eng 1-50 off 4.2 overs. But since I've been watching they've only scored 8 off 3 overs, so I'll keep watching for WI sake 😀

Howe_zat

Audio File
Seales' 2 overs for 28 gives him the highest economy rate for an opening bowler in the first innings of a test at the time of writing. Alzarri Joseph currently in 13th at the other end.

Also pleasing to see Gilbert Jessop once again looming large over this England team, though in a different way from normal.
1721299578979.png

Brett Lee getting smashed for a century on the first day of Edgbaston 2005 a clear winner for the most actually impactful of these.