• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

ataraxia

International Coach
Damn even Ross Taylor could get a wicket in this sort of situation. This guy just isn't very good.

slowfinger

International Debutant
This is disrespecting the game.

How about we don't retire Jimmy and we wouldn't have to do this ridiculous charade.
no, no, no, had enough of this geriatric medium pacer taking up test spots for far too long now. should have went post-covid

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
Motie looks like a useful cricketer.

Surprised by Andersons pace in this game. Forcing retirement on him and keeping Woakes in the team doesn't make a great deal of sense.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't even remember English cricket without Anderson. Like I was 8 when he first toured Australia (admittedly only in ODI cricket). Really feels the end of an era.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Anderson bowls 6 overs straight so it's not a fitness thing. Why is he dropped again?
He's the only bowler England have I've any confidence in being fit come the next Ashes.

It's just a ludicrous decision however they dress it up. He can be in the squad without being picked it's not that hard surely.

Him and Woakes can rotate in England. Woakes won't play abroad whereas Jimmy still can as shown in India.

Anyway well done Gus 12fer and 2 michelles on debut is fantastic.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Well, they've still won more tests in Australia in the last 12 months than England have in the last 12 years
This tour was always going to be harder because wickets in England recently have been flatter than that series. Underdogs generally have a better chance on sporting pitches.