• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

Qlder

International Debutant
Is Hodge really the best #5 West Indies have? He's 31 with 3 Tests and a FC average of 29.73 (test average now 23.83)

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Never ever concede to @Burgey just call him a **** and move on.....or you could also rebut with how long it's been since Aus won a series on our shores. Sure 5-0 and 4-0 look pretty but they're wanker tests.......series wins are what count.
I'm feeling nice today what can I say. @Burgey made me laugh and good craic can be appreciated.

Even if as you say there was definitely some other retort I could have used.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Stokes talks a lot about Saving Test Cricket. If he really believed that he'd let WIndies set us a target to chase tomorrow.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's kind of deflating waking up to situations like this tbh. One of the best parts of the summer is looking forward to test matches that you feel with some certainty will last 4+ days. A summer of dross tourists will just lead to dull meaningless brutal thrashings like this one. I suspect England would genuinely be given a greater working over by a Div 2 county side.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Never ever concede to @Burgey just call him a **** and move on.....or you could also rebut with how long it's been since Aus won a series on our shores. Sure 5-0 and 4-0 look pretty but they're wanker tests.......series wins are what count.
Whatever gives you comfort while you're sitting on your duck egg.

What colour feathers does a freshly hatched disappointment have?

Molehill

International Captain
If any of these other bowlers take a wicket before Jimmy has his 5, they should be executed
No, I think Atkinson should get one to take him to 10, then Jimmy takes the last 2 to finish with 5 and his last ball being a wicket.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If any of these other bowlers take a wicket before Jimmy has his 5, they should be executed
Should bowl Brook from the other end.

Mind you, even he would probably bowl this mob out. These great Jimmy deliveries are absolutely wasted on this rabble.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Horrific from WI. Can’t believe this is the same outfit that managed to draw in Aus.

Qlder

International Debutant
Can't say I remember ever seeing a #8 that just swings and misses at everything like Joseph

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been a while since I've seen a team get this thoroughly outclassed in a test. It's like Afghanistan's debut test against India.