• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Am I missing something here, England are probably the third best Test side in the World.

@flibbertyjibber get away with this looking down at everyone. If we're average than who's actually good in your eyes?

Only India and Australia? If so why you watching cricket anymore if you derive so little joy out of a good test match?
for me this is kind of the point and issue about where cricket is going.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tbh I think Australia and India are the only series that really mean anything to England/English fans these days. The most anyone wants from any other oppo is just for a competitive and entertaining contest.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbh I think Australia and India are the only series that really mean anything to England/English fans these days. The most anyone wants from any other oppo is just for a competitive and entertaining contest.
The fact the West Indies and South African players keep hawking themselves as franchise players and stop playing for their countries means that there is little interest in watching a mismatch.

Have England got a good side? In my opinion no not really but it shows how standards have dropped that we are possibly the 3rd best side around given that we have lost 1300 wickets from the side and are still taking 20 wickets a game easily in the current series.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think they are the only ones that cut through. Cricket fans care about them all, well most seem to

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I was going to suggest that we wait until England have toured SA before writing them off.
But it turns out we aren't going there until 2026/27, whereas we're touring Pakistan and NZ again later this year, having only been there a couple of years ago. It's all very odd.

Qlder

International Debutant
This thread was going great with fans from both sides enjoying a good test cricket contest with enjoyable banter.

Then one poster comes in after the test is lost by West Indies and bashes both WI and English cricket sides...some people must just have a sad life and can't stand other people enjoying the cricket 😆

flibbertyjibber

I was going to suggest that we wait until England have toured SA before writing them off.
But it turns out we aren't going there until 2026/27, whereas we're touring Pakistan and NZ again later this year, having only been there a couple of years ago. It's all very odd.
Im going to Pakistan. Should be an experience

ImpatientLime

International Regular
The fact the West Indies and South African players keep hawking themselves as franchise players and stop playing for their countries means that there is little interest in watching a mismatch.

Have England got a good side? In my opinion no not really but it shows how standards have dropped that we are possibly the 3rd best side around given that we have lost 1300 wickets from the side and are still taking 20 wickets a game easily in the current series.
if only there were ways we could stop these players having to choose between international cricket and another money laundering competition.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
To Windies fans like @Beamer and @SillyCowCorner1, to what degree can your current system's failings be attributed exclusively to the likes of the "Big 3" cricket bodies and the BCCI in particular, and how much of it is a result of internal ineptitude and lack of accountability? Also, in an ideal world, how in your opinion could the richer boards help out the WICB?

SillyCowCorner1

To Windies fans like @Beamer and @SillyCowCorner1, to what degree can your current system's failings be attributed exclusively to the likes of the "Big 3" cricket bodies and the BCCI in particular, and how much of it is a result of internal ineptitude and lack of accountability? Also, in an ideal world, how in your opinion could the richer boards help out the WICB?
*The root of many issues can often be traced back to the power magnates in the game; this is not exclusive to the West Indies, of which I am certain. The current CWI administration has improved management compared to its predecessors, steering us towards a positive direction. However, progress requires time and resources, which significantly impacts our game. For instance, the earlier tour to Australia this year cost the CWI $2 million. We are confronting our challenges, but it remains a continual struggle to manage the complexities of resources and funding. The series that SA played against us just before the T20 WC in Jamaica had an impressive turnout, which was wonderful to witness.

*Wealthier cricket boards could assist the West Indies, albeit it's a bit of a stretch, by sending one of their county teams from England (for example) to compete in our regional tournaments. This could enhance the quality of the competition. However, as usual, a fair distribution of funds seems unlikely to materialize.

flibbertyjibber

Wouldn't need a county, why not send the A team/Lions or whatever each nation calls theirs from Australia/England and India to play in domestic competitions around the world. Benefit the smaller nations and the scalp will be there for them.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Wouldn't need a county, why not send the A team/Lions or whatever each nation calls theirs from Australia/England and India to play in domestic competitions around the world. Benefit the smaller nations and the scalp will be there for them.
Do you work for the ECB :laugh:

Get this so far to **** man.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Well if it was more watchable...
I've no idea if you're on a windup or not :laugh:

I've not given up on international cricket saving itself from the clutches of the IPL like I have domestically(i'll still support Durham until such time they are made redundant by the ECB/Indian investor overlords)