• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

pskov

International 12th Man
16 tons, that's not too shabby
Even more impressive is his conversion ratio. 16 Test hundreds but 'only' 14 fifties. When he gets going he has always been one of the best players in the world for my money. Just a question of how often he can get into that form.

And as I type that he is out. Oh well, still a teriffic innings.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Great comeback from Vaughan, as Atherton is saying he has proved he can still score runs in test cricket, now for his examination in the field.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We always seem to score 100 then get out

By we, I mean our batsmen

By our batsmen, I mean English players

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think EXD's one earlier is better, though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
Another slow wicket not helping England's bowlers (well Harmison given some others are injured) one iota and another even slower Vaughan innings where he'll probably contrive to get out at around 20-30 by miscuing the ball to a fielder.

Undoubted Greigy, surely.

I think we need a new award, for people who keep on going and going and yet never gets even a tap on the wrist. I'll call it a Motson, do you think that'll make the cut for the next CW awards presentation?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Getting out like that is why he averages low 40s instead of high 40s or early 50s. Your job isn't over when you take a fifth wicket or reach 100.
Actually agree to an extent, but it doesn't detract from the fact that it was a good innings. No need to call him a pillock, but it would be nice to see our batsmen stay out there a bit longer once they've passed 100

Off the top of my head:

Flintoff V Aus @ Trent Bridge
Pietersen V Pak @ Faisalabad
Most of Cook's tons
Strauss quite a lot of the time
Vaughan today

100 then out. Let's see some big hundreds.