• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Even beat CricInfo, not bad...

Anyway - I'd never have believed he was in a state to play, that ankle of his just isn't right. Now we don't need to worry about dropping a century-maker, either, and hopefully Vaughan's return will be less contentuous this way, too.
Sure, all-rounder unfit so let's replace him with a walking wicket who is a passenger in the field AND make him captain

English selectors really are a spineless bunch
:D

(any chances of a Greigy here?)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think EXD's one earlier is better, though:
Another slow wicket not helping England's bowlers (well Harmison given some others are injured) one iota and another even slower Vaughan innings where he'll probably contrive to get out at around 20-30 by miscuing the ball to a fielder.
Undoubted Greigy, surely.

cover drive man

International Captain
Top sesion for England Vaughn and Pieterson both getting half centuries terrific shots from both players pieterson not trying anything too foolish and Vaughn edging towards his century, not bad England.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Aye, haven't been watching, but from the commentary that I've been able to follow and what I've read in here, we're batting well

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vaughan could not have played it much better, really - eased himself in and sped-up massively once he got his eye in. Oldest trick in The World, but he did it brilliantly this time.

Can only think of 2 out-and-out false strokes, and neither went anywhere near a fielder.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, he's played waaaaaay better today than he did then, regardless of the quality of the attacks. But for that no-ball and that Gilchrist piece of butter-fingers, he'd only have got 40-odd that day.

This is the best I've seen Vaughan play since 2004.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't you hate when cricinfo goes slow? Makes you worry that a wicket has gone down

Unless you're the bowling side of course. Then you tend to get all excited.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
TBH, he's played waaaaaay better today than he did then, regardless of the quality of the attacks. But for that no-ball and that Gilchrist piece of butter-fingers, he'd only have got 40-odd that day.

If it hadn't been a no-ball, you never know, he mightn't have been bowled :p

But yeah, agreed

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't you hate when cricinfo goes slow? Makes you worry that a wicket has gone down

Unless you're the bowling side of course. Then you tend to get all excited.
Turns out this is why:

cricinfo said:
There's a bearded gentleman behind the bowler's arm. He hasn't yet realised that he is the cause of the delay. He's trying to look behind the fence, and desperate to see what the problem is. You are the problem, sir. Eventually the umpire jogs up to tell him where to go, and finally we can get underway.
Cue for Rich to link to LE :D

cover drive man

International Captain

I agree the Australians were from from on form that day and Vaughn probablyonly would have got around thirty/forty like you said.