• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
I bet we could build a higher plastic beer glass tower than you though!
That was quality - although the bloke in front of me who retorted by holding up first a tower of about 10 or and then found a single Polystyrene Cup to display whilst cheering beat it IMO.

The stewards were real bar stewards though weren't they?

And while we're on the subject of the Bar, which idiot decided to close the main Bar for the lunch interval, and give half of the outside bar staff their break at the same time?

Sheer lunacy.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
Darn English weather again!!I was so looking forward to Baugh getting his first Test 50.
Based on the way he batted last night, I'd say it's a long way off.

Mind you, he was made to look more handy by Dave,

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Timewell said:
Not on that occasion - maybe you missed it but it definitely went round...some members of the pavilion carried it - maybe only one or two - but that still counts :D
I was sat in front of the pavilion and I only know of me and two little lads in front who bothered to try. I wouldn't say it does count

steds

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Based on the way he batted last night, I'd say it's a long way off.
I don't know. He didn't look too bad to me(but, then again, by the time he got in, I had consumed a fairly large amount of bevvies)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Snap, except mine was so bad it put me off my beer :(

Nice photos by the way - appears you were sat not that far from me at all!
Yeah i was in E2 just in front of the small electronic thing which was turned off. The pictures wre taken with my phone so they arent great resolution

What was with that streaker? He was definately original though!
Yeh the stewards were **** they just walked up to one guy who was building a tower and knocked it over!.
Glad i picked day one to go to though.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
There wasn't any point going today anyway, with the rain and all. What a waste of 8 hours of my time.

All this Manchester weather is giving the northwest a bad reputation and I'm sick of it. The sun always shines on St.Helens.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I know it wont happen but you'd think with the amount of rain they get in manchester of all the test grounds, they'd invest in a roof...surely its possible to do and couldnt be THAT expensive compared to the added bonus of never using a mins play to rain again.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
SpaceMonkey said:
I know it wont happen but you'd think with the amount of rain they get in manchester of all the test grounds, they'd invest in a roof...surely its possible to do and couldnt be THAT expensive compared to the added bonus of never using a mins play to rain again.
Well its in the pipeline so to speak, if we move away from Old Trafford the new stadium is likely to have a roof.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
But will they move and lose the revenue from home Manure games?
The new stadium would be next to the man city ground though? so i guess they'll make up any lost revenue that way. Although maybe not enough. In this day and age i would really like to see most test grounds given a roof....the only problem would be making it high enough to cope with cricket but open enough so the pitch can breath and not suffer from problems that enclosed stadiums with roofs have.

The problem with waiting for a new stadium (if it ever happened) would be that it would be 6 years away minimum.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
But will they move and lose the revenue from home Manure games?
Yeah but with the extra revenue from concerts (the lowly east mancunians aren't as fussy as traffordians about the noise) and as Spacemonkey said some revenue from City, plus the increased capacity of the ground from test match/ODI sales (30,000 IIRC) they should break even at least

PY

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
Maybe, but we like to drink our beer cold...
Only men older than 30 or rugby players drink 'warm' beer usually. :p

This warm beer thing is over done I reckon, Dave (Hitman) thought our beer was actually warm. What are they telling you in Australia about our beers?

PY

International Coach
West Indies are whipping along today. 46 runs in 10 overs.

Need them all out for less than 350. Then need 550 to make this into a game that might have a winner (which can only be England ;)).

PY

International Coach
Quite of lot of shots going into the air at the moment and then hitting the fence hard.

59 off 68 balls this morning now.

PY

International Coach
As I've been very critical of Lee bowling bouncers at English tailenders, I feel it'd be hypocritical not to say something about England peppering the WI lower order with short stuff.

The question is, why are they doing it? I was always under the impression that pitching the ball up to the tail-enders is the thing to do to take their wicket.

Pitch the bloody thing up lads.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Allround a fine effort by the West Indies this morning. Great job.

Baugh was very very entertaining and impressive and Dave Mohammed played some entertaining shots too. Collins due to bat still, so with any luck at all WI could reach 410 or so.