• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jason_M said:
For the next test i would bring in Dwayne Smith who was excellent in the field and is a handy bat as well.
If the Australian bowlers have any common sense (and they do) Dwayne Smith is not a handy bat for the moment. They'll should work him over insanely easily. He's quite fine as our travelling Pratt for the moment.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Slifer said:
I just read CRINFO this morning, havent seen ne of the series yet. I was under tthe assumption that Lara was just out of form or suffering from his injured finger didnt realise that 3 of his 4 dismissals were so questionable. Time for technology to step in??? Maybe not i guess its an inevitable part of sports.
He HAS been in pretty poor form, but has played with as much determination and heart as anyone. It's a shame that he's gotten a couple rough decisions, given how much hard work he's put in. That said, it's not uncommon for out-of-form batsmen to catch rough breaks. Look at Martyn in the Ashes.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Hayden gets a 1,000 in a year 5 times a row now. A record. Any idea who held the previous record? Also good to see the crowd clapping showing their awareness. Maybe it was because it may have been flashed on the screen before the landmark though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Its a question of what you want. 5 bowlers and not as strong batting 7-11 or 4 bowlers - less probability of taking 20 wickets but more batting assurance.
Considering Warne and McGrath are 2 of the 4, I'd stick with what served them so well in the past.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL! I knew Hayden would go out with only one run to go. I was just thinking about how annoyed Ponting will be if he has to come out and bat with one run needed.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
When there were 40-50 runs to win, Clarke had the pads on. With just 1 run to win Ponting comes on to bat. Clarke padding up was for spending some useful time in the middle or Ponting saving himself from batting in such a situation? :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Maybe it was more like "Well you're not going to be here next test, go have a nice hit since it'll be your last" :ph34r:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
On Hayden - trying to go for a heave to get a 50 when he could have got a single and won the match without being out stupid. Made himself look very silly.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
FaaipDeOiad said:
Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Hodge
Clarke
Hussey
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
McGrath
MacGill

I'd expect, with Adelaide so unhelpful for seamers, that Bracken would miss out.
So who would be the 5th bowler if you put Symonds out of the team while retaining Clarke?

Last edited:

Jason_M

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Can you beleive Hayden/Hussey marching toward the total of 78 by playing cautiously and taking singles :wacko: If that was Lara or Gayle they'd finish it off in style but instead Hayden and Hussey were too concerned about their averages despite having already notched up tons in the 1st innings, talk about vain.

Blaze

Banned
Jono said:
LOL! I knew Hayden would go out with only one run to go. I was just thinking about how annoyed Ponting will be if he has to come out and bat with one run needed.

They should have sent McGrath out

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jason_M said:
Can you beleive Hayden/Hussey marching toward the total of 78 by playing cautiously and taking singles :wacko: If that was Lara or Gayle they'd finish it off in style but instead Hayden and Hussey were too concerned about their averages despite having already notched up tons in the 1st innings, talk about vain.
Be fair to Hussey, he's playing for a spot in that team.

Top_Cat

Can you beleive Hayden/Hussey marching toward the total of 78 by playing cautiously and taking singles If that was Lara or Gayle they'd finish it off in style but instead Hayden and Hussey were too concerned about their averages despite having already notched up tons in the 1st innings, talk about vain.
I think you're seriously just looking for things to criticise for the sake of it, here. 78 sounds like an easy total but because it's a small total, the opposition are out to make your short stay in the middle as uncomfortable as possible. It means they can often bowl better than they have in the match. Besides which, Hayden hit six 4's in 46 off 73 balls. Hardly slow.

It's all too easy from the comfort of the couch, isn't it?

Jason_M

Hussey made a hundred in the first innings and i don't think anyone was really going to care if he got out cheaply in the 2nd as the match was already a foregone conclusion.

Jason_M

"the opposition are out to make your short stay in the middle as uncomfortable as possible"

Do you mean that imposing West Indies attack making life difficult?

At 0/40 odd you're entitled to cut loose and finish the job off not stuff around and take singles, its just vanity particularly on Hayden's part.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Jason_M said:
Hussey made a hundred in the first innings and i don't think anyone was really going to care if he got out cheaply in the 2nd as the match was already a foregone conclusion.
So why whinge about them taking singles if the game was a foregone conclusion?

You assume to know what they are thinking (saving their averages etc) when all it is, is a blinding hatred towards the Aussie team that leaves you making irrational statements.

Jason_M

"So why whinge about them taking singles if the game was a foregone conclusion?"

If the game is a foregone conclusion it would be all the more reason to lighten up and hit some boundaries :wacko:

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Jason_M said:
"So why whinge about them taking singles if the game was a foregone conclusion?"

If the game is a foregone conclusion it would be all the more reason to lighten up and hit some boundaries :wacko:
Hayden did hit some boundaries and got out trying to hit another. Hussey creamed a couple through covers.

Despite what you may think, you cannot hit a boundary off every ball.

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
Pratyush said:
On Hayden - trying to go for a heave to get a 50 when he could have got a single and won the match without being out stupid. Made himself look very silly.
what's wrong with trying hit a 50?