• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
Bracken

When Bracken took 7-4 or whatever it was in that Shield game (I think it was at the Gabba too) he was hooping them more than anyone in world cricket.

Half those dismissals looked like he was bowling with a taped tennis ball they were doing so much.

Makes someone like Hoggard look gunbarrel straight on his day.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Looks like Watson is likely to miss the rest of the summer as he is going to have arthroscopic surgery ASAP, after a partial dislocation of his shoulder.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Slow Love™ said:
Looks like Watson is likely to miss the rest of the summer as he is going to have arthroscopic surgery ASAP, after a partial dislocation of his shoulder.
Unlucky for watson.

Eclipse

International Debutant
feel for watto.. some players just have no luck with injurys while other can go an entire career and barely ever have one.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
LOL @ Bracken`s 7/4. The deliveries were unplayable... amazing to watch.

I demand a Bracken vs India series right now :p Did you watch the Test against the Windies TEC?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Slow Love™ said:
Does this mean Marto will be back?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I have no idea who they`ll pick now, though I doubt they`ll go in with five bowlers, I think they`ll drop Bracks and bring in MacGill. And then have Hussey for Watson? I`d bring in Symonds.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
I have no idea who they`ll pick now, though I doubt they`ll go in with five bowlers, I think they`ll drop Bracks and bring in MacGill. And then have Hussey for Watson? I`d bring in Symonds.
Yeah, according to Cricinfo Gilchrist said Symonds may be in contention for a spot

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Modesty...

I just think his batting has been very good lately, plus his ability to bowl mediums/spin would be very valuable. His bowling has been excellent of late.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hmm Macgill might come in as a 5th bowler

or Hussey might slide down the order for Langer coming back in

or Symonds might come in (my personal preference)

or Hidge or Marto might come in (doubt it atm)

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
tooextracool said:
we will indeed see if he can swing the ball more often than not, but what we do already know is that he can only swing the ball one way, again something that isnt exactly particularly brilliant.
Stupid comment again. Who in world cricket is genuinely swinging the ball both ways anyway?...and if so - big deal !

When you can bend the ball 2 feet like Bracken or Hoggard or whoever why would you need to swing it the other way?.......unless you're bowling to someone with a 3 foot wide bat.

You're better off with subtle variation anyway....throw in the odd straight one.

I'm not in love with the bloke but if there's one thing Bracken can do it's swing the bloody thing.....period.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nnanden said:
On the ball Camel...

I don`t think Hodge will get a go though (again).
Yup. 70 won't be enough. Symonds' timing has been impeccable. And the push from the players will probably be to have someone already within the "heirachy" to play, i.e.Symonds who has been playing OD cricket for so long.

Hodge is as stiff as a board, though.