• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** VB Series 2006

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blaze said:
I would take Smith's figures with a grain of salt. Just poor batting and a bit of good fielding.
And the only conceding so few runs when he came on at a time when SL were going along at a massive rate?

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
And the only conceding so few runs when he came on at a time when SL were going along at a massive rate?

Sri Lanka kept losing wickets.

They really have capitulated. 8 down now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I can't believe SL stuffed up the start they had. Wow, went to cricket training and wen we went back into the clun rooms afterwards, my mate asked me what do I reckon the score is, and he told me it's the 40th over. I said "230-240". Then I see them 8/190 or something. =-/

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
Top_Cat said:
Heh, you didn't tell me you were going, man. I was there! It was up there with the hottest game I've been to! The winner in that regard was Aus vs England in about 2002. At least the game on Thursday had a cool change; the one with England was 44 degrees C, was humid and at ground-level, the temperature was measured at 52 degrees C...........
Yes was extremely hot. We were seated in the new temporary stands where the non-alcoholic family sections use to be near the members. Most of the day we were shaded by the trees which was lucky because we originally were not sure where we were seated.

After the cool change started the evening breeze was awesome.

We just grabbed our tickets for the 1st VB Final. Originally I wasn’t intending to go but I want to at least see one decent international game live this summer. 2nd day of the Adelaide test we ended up going to was pretty lacklustre plus the VB 1-day the last week was boring.

Are you going to the game?

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
If Smith can take 3-25 into his 9th over, I guess Murali might have a say in the outcome today...

or Bandara, or Dilshan, or Jayasuria, Sri Lanka could well bowl 30-35 overs of spin if it proves effective...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Josh said:
What a disappointing match.
South Africa are in precisely the same position that Sri Lanka were after the same duration of their innings.

Perhaps they will throw it away likewise?

Josh

International Regular
luckyeddie said:
South Africa are in precisely the same position that Sri Lanka were after the same duration of their innings.

Perhaps they will throw it away likewise?
For some reason I doubt that.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Chandana has been so unlucky.

One appeal he had against Dipps, pitched on off, was hitting middle, half-way up the stump.

Gah!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes was extremely hot. We were seated in the new temporary stands where the non-alcoholic family sections use to be near the members. Most of the day we were shaded by the trees which was lucky because we originally were not sure where we were seated.
Man, that's where we were! We were right near the light tower! How did we not see each other?!? We were in the blazing sun........

Langeveldt

Soutie
Onya Boets... Nice to see a technically sound right hander who doesnt blast it everywhere twenty20 style have an exceptionally good series, and another good season on the cards..

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Questions
1.Why did Arnold bowl 2nd ???
2.What does he bowl (i didnt see)???
3.why didnt kulasekara get 10 overs or open the bowling???
4.Is Peter Parker brainless ???
he doesnt give out Dippenaar when he was out & and gives him out when he's not

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah i thought that LBW not out was a horrendous decision, but what goes around comes around in cricket and he'll probably cop some rubbish in the next game, especially if Parker is umpiring :D

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Ive never been to a game in which Australia wasnt playing before... it was lots of fun. There was a bunch of South Africans behind us, so we joined in and barracked for them. Ol Boat was great to watch.