• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official**VB Series 2005 Australia,Pakistan,West Indies.

Just a few days back Waqar described Pak bowling attack as that of club's standard.After watching todays game i think it Waqar might think he was a bit too harsh on Club side.

Honestly, this team doesn't even have even a single decent bowler, yet its captain vows to beat Australia in a onedayer!!!

Pathetic.

Pak will lose this match by a big margin.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Wow. What an innings by the Prince! Magical, especially the last 100 runs which probably came at a SR of 200.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan's only hope is that the WI bowlers keep injuring themselves! Gayle, Sarwan and now Collins are all unlikely to bowl, meaning Hinds will most likely have to bowl 10 (though he is bowling well), and Powell probably will fill in the rest. Lara has the best bowling average out of all of them though... :p

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Holy hell, that was awesome. How the heck Lara managed to get that very wide ball over the boundary with one hand, I'll never know... Massive thumbs up.

Why couldnt Kamran stay in a bit longer, I love his "dreamy" drives...

Slow Love™

International Captain
social said:
However, off the top of my head I can tell you on his first tour to Australia he scored a hundred on a dicey wicket in Perth that is still rated, particularly by my friend who took 7 wickets in the Indian second innings, as amongst the greatest ever played in this country.
Mike Whitney! Pretty underrated left-armer, IMO. Haven't seen much of him since "Who Dares Wins" was on TV, although I think I read somewhere that he was doing pretty well as a motivational speaker...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BTW, do you guys notice how Lara always seems to play better when he is carrying an injury? I remember that 3 centuries against Australia in one series when he was carrying a chipped bone in his wrist. He made a hundred with hepatitis against Kenya in the sweltring heat of Sri Lanka. And now this one. IT is amazing.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Pakistan with very little chance of winning the match from here at 5/171, although if Afridi were to join Razzaq at the crease and either of them really fired, you never know. It's likely they're just shooting for the bonus point target (I think it's 272) though.

And as I speak, Afridi joins Razzaq, as Youhana's run out. Don't know for sure how this two will approach this.

Sadly, I missed Lara's innings...

Slow Love™

International Captain
Youhana reverse-sweeped, and ran hard for two. Razzaq didn't want it, and after running one, held his hand up and refused to move. Youhana kept coming. Both bats were caught at the keeper's end.

I think there was two in it though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol. Sounds like something that happens a lot of times with Youhana. But it is very unfortunate for Pakistan. He was well set and looked good.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slow Love™ said:
Youhana reverse-sweeped, and ran hard for two. Razzaq didn't want it, and after running one, held his hand up and refused to move. Youhana kept coming. Both bats were caught at the keeper's end.

I think there was two in it though.
Easily two in it.

It isn't like they're coasting to victory and don't need the runs.

Slow Love™

International Captain
honestbharani said:
lol. Sounds like something that happens a lot of times with Youhana. But it is very unfortunate for Pakistan.
I'll wait and see if that's true. It could be quite fortunate. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Although, given how unpredictable these two sides generally are, one cannot rule out anything. Mehmood is a pretty good batter and a good hitter. So we will see what happpens. One more wicket to the windies now would settle it, though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I was at Melbourne University all day, and I turn the radio on and hear that Lara has played a brilliant knock. I can't believe my luck. It must have been awesome from what I saw of the highlights and heard from the radio near the end of his innings.

Great effort West Indies. Has made this VB Series very interesting going into the finals.