• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official**VB Series 2005 Australia,Pakistan,West Indies.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Hinds should just go. His bowling is not something that will always be useful in Australia and he seems to play only one good knock a year and struggles for the rest of the time. At the very least, he should not be opening. Maybe Samuels could be tried as an opener or even Sarwan. He is coming in early anyway and Lara has got to bat at 3. If he is injured, then he must sit out. There is no point in playing and playing so low in the order. It is becoming ridiculous.

Scallywag

Banned
Slow Love™ said:
IIRC, Lee's first spell was 4 overs yesterday, too, and he was most certainly bowling really well. Most likely that's a new team plan.
Ponting played it well yesterday with Lee, Lara moved down the order so he didnt have to face a rampaging Lee. Bringing Lee back when Lara was out there paid off for the Aussies and showed the value in not using up all you pace early.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Scallywag said:
Ponting played it well yesterday with Lee, Lara moved down the order so he didnt have to face a rampaging Lee. Bringing Lee back when Lara was out there paid off for the Aussies and showed the value in not using up all you pace early.
Sorry, Scally, Lara always bats at 4 and he moved down the order because of his injury, not because of Lee. It was a mistake, but a tactical mistake, not him just running away from Lee.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scallywag said:
Lara scared of Lee?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Scallywag

Banned
honestbharani said:
Sorry, Scally, Lara always bats at 4 and he moved down the order because of his injury, not because of Lee. It was a mistake, but a tactical mistake, not him just running away from Lee.
I know but its fun giving it back after all the flak Lee has copped.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tooextracool said:
yes so exceptional was it that he was taken off after 4 overs8-)

and you accuse me of not watching? if you had watched the game you would have realised that it was a short ball on leg stump, in other words it was a poor ball anyways and he was put away, even if it wasnt of the mid of the bat, fact is it deserved what it got.

Ah, no. 150 ks at chest, hit on glove is not bad bowling.

yes unlucky, 1 good ball in the over.

because he clearly deserved a wicket with a short pitch ball on leg stump! like it or not that was a poor delivery and it deserved to be put away, just because it wasnt put away off the mid of the bat it doesnt mean that it wasnt poor bowling.

Could have gone anywhere.

yes 1 run, how much of a difference that makes to his figures. and if you remember precisely what happened, you would also remember that the 6th ball of the over was a half volley, that inzy hit straight to the fielder when he should have put it away. and if it was such a brilliant bowling, please go ahead and explain to me why he was taken off immediately after that over?
not to mention of course that he bowled a 3 over spell after that, where he continued to bowl short deliveries and full wide balls wide outside the off stump. i believe in that next spell he went for 16 runs from 3 overs!
yes clearly i wasnt watching the game 8-)

Did the job he's in team for as did Kasprowiscz.

Cofirmed improvement in very next game. Obviously havent watched that one yet. :D :D .

ok then, go ahead and show me , when was the last time tendulkar won a game for india away from home or scored on a seamer friendly wicket away from home?

a. How many games has India won away from home in total?

b. Surely not even you can suggest that a batsman with 30 plus test centuries is solely responsible for that?

c. Much of what you're saying stems back from India's disappointment at losing the last World Cup Final. Respectfully, pointing the finger at Tendulkar then for that loss was rubbish as is your attempt to broaden this view.

d. I have no idea when the last time was that Tendulkar scored a hundred on a seamer friendly wicket away from home as Australia has only had the benefit of watching India play test matches vs. anyone other than Aus in the last 18 months. However, off the top of my head I can tell you on his first tour to Australia he scored a hundred on a dicey wicket in Perth that is still rated, particularly by my friend who took 7 wickets in the Indian second innings, as amongst the greatest ever played in this country. I am sure that, with time, I could find SEVERAL other examples. However, that is a topic for another thread.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
honestbharani said:
He is coming in early anyway and Lara has got to bat at 3. If he is injured, then he must sit out. There is no point in playing and playing so low in the order. It is becoming ridiculous.
I agree entirely. Irrespective of any injury problems, if Lara's playing he has to take on some responsibility and bat in the top 3.

It really was an abject performance on the whole, papered over slightly by another superb spell from Pedro Collins.

The outfielding was awful, Dillon wasted yet another "last chance" with his latest poor impression of a committed professional cricketer and the batting was very disappointing in the face of disciplined, but hardly exceptional bowling.

I only saw the first hour and a half of the Windies innings - up to the point where Shiv and Sars were rattling along at about 2.5 an over - so can anyone give me an idea of how Bravo and Samuels looked with the bat? Was it a lost cause by the time they got to the crease? Also, did Windies cope any better with Brad Hogg?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
yeah, I am quite a fan of his too. ATleast for the ODIs, he is a matchwinner and I have always said that.
The thing about Lee is, when he is bowling well he is absolutely fantastic. I have always maintained that if he could consistently bowl the way he does when he is at his best and stay injury free he could be the best bowler in the world after McGrath retires. The problem is, he plays one game like the two against the West Indies this year or the game against India at Perth last year, and then a few average ones.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Lara should open if anything.Sarwan should not open.Lara's opened quite a bit before particularly earlier in his career.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
roseboy64 said:
When was Dillon any good?A few good performances here and there does not a good bowler make.Just an ok one which is what Dillon is.
Oh ye of miopic memory...

Mervyn Dillon in Tests

16 quality wickets at 29.93 v Aus in Aus in 2000
20 wickets at 25.60 v SA in WI in 2001
10 wickets at 30.60 on flat tracks in Sharjah in 2002
23 wickets at 27.21 v India in WI in 2002
11 wickets at 25.00 v India in India in 2002

Mervyn Dillon in ODIs

12 wickets at 15.00 v Australia in WI in 1999
8 wickets at 17.50 at the 1999 World Cup
7 wickets at 8.50 v India in Canada in 1999
7 wickets at 15.14 v India in WI in 2002
8 wickets at 20.00 v NZ in WI in 2002
6 wickets at the 2002 ICC CT

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scallywag said:
Oh yes. Brian Lara who has faced some of the finest bowlers of the last decade and a half and he's afraid of Brett Lee. Uh, yeh. 8-)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Anyone watching the game can tell us what's happening?

Cricinfo been stuck for 10 minutes and now showing "Delay - Injury"