• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2012

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
What's happening with the speed gun in this tournament ? Seen a number of bowlers hitting around 140kph's, and Jamie Overton with the odd delivery in excess of 150 k's! Can this be right ? Saw that Reece Topley managed around 140 too, but hasn't been too close to that with Essex when I've seen him. Tymal Mills would probably be hitting about 160 on these speed guns.
Me and my brother had a debate about this and, although I will never admit this, he was right; Overton looked like he was bowling very very fast. He had the action and explosion of someone who is seriously quick.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes I certainly don't doubt he has a serious yard on him, but I would have thought there would have been more talk about him around county cricket if he's capable of such pace. Maybe there has been and I haven't read/seen it, but the pace talk generally surrounds Tymal Mills, Stuart Meaker, etc.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Yes I certainly don't doubt he has a serious yard on him, but I would have thought there would have been more talk about him around county cricket if he's capable of such pace. Maybe there has been and I haven't read/seen it, but the pace talk generally surrounds Tymal Mills, Stuart Meaker, etc.
Tbf Ronsofrd Beaton of the West Indies is known as a very quick young bowler who gave Shiv and Sarwan the hurry up in a festival match in Guyana and his average speed was 140kph, quickest of 145, which sounds about right.

My first reaction was "faulty speedgun" but having watched 2 matches now I think there are just some excellent young quicks on display and I'm deleighted to say we have 2 of them in our line up plus 3 excellent medium-fast bowlers. They've all improved dramatically as a result of the fitness programme they were put on 12 months ago. So for once, well done WICB.

This promises to be an excellent tournament.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's a shame Sandhu and Conway are from New South Wales; they could be in the mix for proper state spots elsewhere, especially Sandhu. I think we actually gave both rookie contracts but neither should get a game this season.

Looking at it the other way, it's a shame they aren't batsmen instead of the exact same quality.

Last edited: