• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2012

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I was browsing through the SL/Bangladesh scorecard, and noticed this guy:

Appu Jayasinghe Arachchige Don Dineth Lakshan Angelo Jayasinghe

What a name.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I thought that but there's no other Nawaz's on the scorecard...

Just seems odd, is all. Have never seen it before.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year

Seen it a bit on Pakistan scorecards. Perhaps because the full name is used and there doesn't tend to be a middle initial given.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

I just assumed it meant he was the 3rd Cricketer with that name on Cricinfo's database. The interesting thing is that there is only a record of one other guy with his name.

Mohammad Nawaz Pak Under-19s Youth One-Day Internationals player (1987/88, 7 matches)

Mohammad Nawaz (3) (Mohammad Nawaz) Pak Under-19s Youth One-Day Internationals player (2011/12 - 2012, 16 matches)

So who exactly is Mohammad Nawaz (2) ??

I remember kind of recently that a Rameez Raja played a T20 or two for Pakistan..

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've seen it before and it's usually with Muslim players. Hence the Smith's being fine

uvelocity

International Coach
that would be wierd if true, but if you look at mohammad, there are heaps with the same name. maybe they have just changed how they do it

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
India/Windies game going similar to the Oz/Eng one last time so far. Meanwhile our boys are getting rolled by Topley and co, not too surprising honestly.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good start by South Africa or should say de Kock, batting looks weak without him but bowling attack is interesting. Spinner Prenelan Subrayen is the one to watch. Like de Kock has already broken through to Franchise cricket and has a God like youth record.

Even in Aus, Bangla are going with 40+ overs of spin. :sleep: