• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2012

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Still a fine score (with double captaincy points) for my fantasy side, de Kock and Ball's XI. :happy:

Now we want Braithwaite to anchor proceedings with a sleepy 70 or 80* in this chase coming up, and Jacob Duffy to get some steepling bounce off a length vs. the Scots.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I knew Georgey Dockrell was our best bowler, was counting on him not being our best batsman too though. Ah well

Winsome

Cricket Spectator
Ashwin

when this guy came in ground many of us praising him and rating him very high even they said that he is better bowler than Saeed Ajmal.
I was suprised to here it but started watching his matches with more interest, but this guy has no extra ordinary quality. Why people overrated him?
Even Manoj Tiwari is better than Ashwin though he is leg spiner and a batting alrounder.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
when this guy came in ground many of us praising him and rating him very high even they said that he is better bowler than Saeed Ajmal.
I was suprised to here it but started watching his matches with more interest, but this guy has no extra ordinary quality. Why people overrated him?
Even Manoj Tiwari is better than Ashwin though he is leg spiner and a batting alrounder.
Which thread am I in.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He can bat though

Seems like a nice steady chase by the WI. No help from Brathwaite either

(Said with 40 odd to win so will now lose)

Howsie

International Captain
I really wouldn't have been surprised had Scotland jumped New Zealand today, such an average team. Aside from Duffy, Sodhi and I guess Young their isn't a lot to be excited by. 2006 all over again perhaps.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Davidson looks to be a blocker in a dangerously ****ty way, I'd probably go for a punt on Young opening at this point. just to try and get past where we think this side's heading (heavy loss to Pakistan, loss in QF). Unfortunately I see we have to top the group, or beat probably the Windies in the quarters, to get a TV game the way it's worked out.

A terrible 0/39 off 5 from Nuttall, but you look at Davey and Quinn's actions and think 'nah'. I heard Henry Walsh probably wasn't expecting more than the odd over in the whole tournament, forced into 7.5 on day one.

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah Davidson looks to be a blocker in a dangerously ****ty way, I'd probably go for a punt on Young opening at this point. just to try and get past where we think this side's heading (heavy loss to Pakistan, loss in QF). Unfortunately I see we have to top the group, or beat probably the Windies in the quarters, to get a TV game the way it's worked out.

A terrible 0/39 off 5 from Nuttall, but you look at Davey and Quinn's actions and think 'nah'. I heard Henry Walsh probably wasn't expecting more than the odd over in the whole tournament, forced into 7.5 on day one.
Have you got footage of Davey bowling by any chance?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
thanks for the videos kippax
Anyone can let me know of a player they'd like to see a bit over the next two weeks btw, particularly if they make those Sky summary pieces.

Very impressed by Matt Floyd and Ramps staying up through the night to do analysis of not even English U19 games I have to say (well, Sky demanding it and paying for it impresses me I mean).

SeamUp

International Coach
Solid performance by SAF earlier as Bangers are a good test at this level. Bangers defeated Sri Lanka the day before as well.

Definitely the best line-up by SAF bar possibly Lizaad Williams being replaced by Solo Nqweni or Jan Frylinck. But Williams is always backed by the coaching staff for whatever reason.

Good to see all the batsman play decent knocks/cameos around Quinny as well.

Woodster

International Captain
What's happening with the speed gun in this tournament ? Seen a number of bowlers hitting around 140kph's, and Jamie Overton with the odd delivery in excess of 150 k's! Can this be right ? Saw that Reece Topley managed around 140 too, but hasn't been too close to that with Essex when I've seen him. Tymal Mills would probably be hitting about 160 on these speed guns.