• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Trans-Tasman Twenty20 Tri-Series

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given his history, I found Michael Clarke's vehemence in the commentary box quite entertaining.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Given his history, I found Michael Clarke's vehemence in the commentary box quite entertaining.
I'm with you. When was it, around 08 09 that Gareth Hopkins (!) was 'caught' by someone, maybe not Clarke but he certainly played the role of umpire (as is the job description of Australian captains). Can't recall details bit o remember him insisting it be given out despite the fact it grounded. Don't know how you can have such **** eye sight and still make international runs.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Well that all very fine and ****ing dandy ***** but wtf has that got to do with any us in here??

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
God this summer is a ****show. We should be balls-deep in the juiciest test series of the season, yet here we are debating bull**** while we (i.e. NZ fans) wait ten days between meaningless T20 slugfests. We're constantly fed the line that the problem with tests is lack of context, yet this garbage is supposed to fill the gap?? Who's going to remember this series a year from now?

Moss

I'm with you. When was it, around 08 09 that Gareth Hopkins (!) was 'caught' by someone, maybe not Clarke but he certainly played the role of umpire (as is the job description of Australian captains). Can't recall details bit o remember him insisting it be given out despite the fact it grounded. Don't know how you can have such **** eye sight and still make international runs.
It was Hopkins, the catcher was Clarke, and the umpire took him and Ponting at face value and gave it out. This was in fact two weeks before *that* Sydney '08 test (in which Clarke claimed a catch of Ganguly and Ponting effectively made Mark Benson's decision for him).

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
God this summer is a ****show. We should be balls-deep in the juiciest test series of the season, yet here we are debating bull**** while we (i.e. NZ fans) wait ten days between meaningless T20 slugfests. We're constantly fed the line that the problem with tests is lack of context, yet this garbage is supposed to fill the gap?? Who's going to remember this series a year from now?
This time of year I kinda expect there'll be daytime cricket on most weekends - although I'm unlikely to be able to sit down and dedicatedly watch it for long periods (there's always other commitments), it's great to have it always on tv and to follow throughout the day, to watch here and there. This summer we just don't have that - there's no bulk of cricket to habitually rely upon. The ODIs provided a bit of this but T20s are usually in the evening and are more of an entree. Add to this that a lot of the good non-NZ cricket is finished too i.e. the Ashes, SA-India tests, Big Bash, so this right now in the middle of summer feels like a huge lull in the schedule.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Michael Clarke just said, without even the slightest hint of irony, that personal relationships shouldn't influence selection.

Ooooooooookay then...

Daemon

Clarke's getting more and more unlikable which is quite an achievement.

Ponting on the other hand is top class.

S.Kennedy

I refuse to believe this will make more money than another New Zealand test match. I simply refuse to believe it. I do not know a single person who is watching this in Britain.

I think I'd rather watch *****'s Blitz!

TheJediBrah

I refuse to believe this will make more money than another New Zealand test match. I simply refuse to believe it. I do not know a single person who is watching this in Britain.

If what people say is true than a New Zealand test match actually loses money. So believe it.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Hard to watch the entirety of it with the games spread across two different paid platforms as well. What a ****show that is.

S.Kennedy

If what people say is true than a New Zealand test match actually loses money. So believe it.
England began playing your chaps in November, and we are still here in February watching England play Australia in meaningless twenty20 dross. When will it end?