• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I just don't see why he wants to keep playing ODIs, tbh.. I guess he enjoys the format but surely for his body, it must be tougher to play both formats than just test cricket alone.. And after having won the WC, I am not sure if he has any unfulfilled expectations that can be fulfilled during this time.. Maybe us being #1 in ODIs?

BTW, I totally understand it is his decision and he can keep playing as long as he wants. Just some genuine speculation because in previous interviews he always made it clear how much he wanted to win the WC.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah perhaps, but the reason he wants to rest for the remainder of the series has got absolutely nothing to do with how the tour has gone. We could have won 4-0 and he might have left with the same reasoning. If you honestly think the guy doesn't want his 100th hundred or have the opportunity to play in what will be his last few appearances in England ever then you're entitled to that opinion, but imo that's a pretty wild and baseless accusation.

Yes, I've bitten. :p

FBU

International Debutant
Morgan out of the series with a shoulder injury picked up in the Ashes.

Jacknife

International Captain
Players dropping like flies atm now Morgan's being ruled out for the rest of the series, not good news for England. Would be a excellent time to bring Buttler in to take his role over, or if not him Taylor, easiest thing to do is call back KP, doubt they will though.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Glad we don't have a test till January and can blood some kids in the meantime in these meaningless one dayers. Morgan to be fit to tour India though i guess.

Jacknife

International Captain
By the sounds of it they're not bringing anyone else into the squad, so Ravi gets to play, Whoopey! Having Ravi, Stokes and Swann at 5,6,7 doesn't fill me with confidence at all, especially with what comes before and their ability to score quick enough, it looks a really unbalanced side.

Howe_zat

Audio File
They'll have Bresnan at 7, which is not ideal but not too bad. They could play Patel as well if the pitch looks like it might take turn.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Is this looking likely to start? Cricinfo isn't working for me atm.
There's an inspection going on and the rain has stopped. Needs to start in the next hour to get a T20 in.

Edit: Looks like that'll be happening now. Play likely to be around 7pm BST, 23 overs each.

Last edited:

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
By the sounds of it they're not bringing anyone else into the squad, so Ravi gets to play, Whoopey! Having Ravi, Stokes and Swann at 5,6,7 doesn't fill me with confidence at all, especially with what comes before and their ability to score quick enough, it looks a really unbalanced side.
What a shame. Sort of understood the selectors rationale for the last 2 Tests but not for the pyjama games. If you can't blood youngsters in a series that will probably be instantly forgotten then when can you?