• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Jacknife

International Captain
facepalm.jpg

Should've sent in Bairstow or someone. Need someone to play the Kieswetter role, blast us ahead of the rate, then let Trott/Bell get us there. Don't think we'll be able to pull this back now.

Please no.
Yes it's at times like this, Buttler would be the ideal guy to come in and get the run rate under control.

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
Cook's a bit rubbish against nothing medium pace bowling it has to be said. I remember he used to get out to completely innocuous part-timers years ago, would just randomly play outside the line and get out lbw. Think I remember Ganguly getting him out.
Makes sense when you think who his coach/mentor is...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These two are capable of keeping the required rate from going out of reach, then going after RP and Vinay

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Bell is such a good-looking classical stroke player. I just could never picture him playing a cross-batted swipe or an ugly hoist over extracover. Maybe, we'd get a chance to see it today.

Edit: That's a proper looking shot. Lofted straight drive.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I don't generally dislike D/L and think they are quite, but when so many overs get knocked off it seems like the two teams batted in two completely different matches. Certainly kills some joy :unsure:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the Bell we want to see, great shot. He even plays that shot in Tests at the beginning of his innings, never understood why he doesn't do that in ODIs.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I don't generally dislike D/L and think they are quite, but when so many overs get knocked off it seems like the two teams batted in two completely different matches. Certainly kills some joy :unsure:
Yeah, absolutely agree.

But really no other option.