• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Not particularly good batting to be honest. I suppose we can excuse them for the 1st match, but these are the worlds best and they shouldn't have any trouble getting into the groove.

Big ask for Flintoff & particularly Afridi who needs to stick around..Pollock & Vettori can do the job but they'll need some runs in the bank.

shaka

International Regular
come on Vettori and Pollock, show the World XI batting (excluding Sangakara) how its done :D

Slow Love™

International Captain
andyc said:
Can't wait for White to have a bowl, he'd be coming on soon I'd imagine.
Yeah, I'm hoping to see him in action too - by the looks of things, it'll need to be pretty soon though, unless Pollock can mount a similar (or better) rescue effort with Flintoff to what he did with Dravid against Victoria.

I think Australia's start was a bit misleading (this can often be the case with Gilly's innings in particular), and we actually put together quite a decent total.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well to Watson's credit, he's had a good evening in the field apart from his dropped catch.
the World XI now seriously look as though they might fail to bat 50 overs.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
If Flintoff goes mental & Vettori can also play some shots and rotate strike they could at least gain some credibility out of this.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Well, Watson bowled a lot of loose stuff early, but all in all, it's not a bad performance with the ball (and in the field).

Excellent win to Australia.

This game's been fairly decent for my fantasy cricket team too, all things considered. :p

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well only Sangakkara & Vettori can be satisfied with their performances I think.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
yahhhhh excellenet performance by the men in Green & gold only disappointment was not being able to see white bowl but i'm so happy i can scream.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
Well only Sangakkara & Vettori can be satisfied with their performances I think.
Nothing wrong with Murali's performance either.

Quite alarming to see so many good batsmen fail so miserably. Oh well, it was a good performance from Australia, in two of the three disciplines anyway. Looking forward to seeing Lara score a few runs at some point...

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
In all honesty, I thought we might not be able to win this match.....but great bowling by McGrath and Bracken early on kept it tight and forced the mistakes.

Fielding is still a problem though.

It was good to see Watson in the wickets. Hopefully, he can continue to bowl well. What I think should happen to his batting though is he should be moved up the order to 4 or 5. That will help his batting no end!

I is happy again! :D :D :D