• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official ** Sri Lanka in New Zealand tour

shaka

International Regular
During the Aussie series Bracewell wanted to bowl Cairns and Butler at the death, but it never took effect.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kent said:
Unless there's a massive bowling turnaround, it's hard to see NZ winning in Wellington IMO.

Vettori better be on his game if he's up against Murali, because I'll be surprised if the Basin pitch isn't a complete graveyard for medium-pacers this summer.
Fair enough - I'm pretty (well, totally) un-up-to-date with Kiwi pitch conditions at present, I was going off the warm-ups being ball-dominated, lots of rain and leftover prejudice from the India series.

bryce

International Regular
yeah whoops i forgot about cairns :wacko: i know for a fact that tuffey has volunteered so i reckon maybe him and cairns? bowling at the death has been new zealand's biggest problem in ODI's of late IMO

bryce

International Regular
lasith malinga(a.k.a maslinga) has been called up as cover for nuwan zoysa who is expected to miss the first two ODI's, malinga was due to arrive for the test series anyway, he is however not expected to be in new zealand in time for the first ODI on sunday.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
yep... could not agree more

by the way.. whats up with bond at the moment ? anyone know how hes progressin ?

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
people should forget about bond he may never be back and even if he does come back he wont be the same bowler as he was,but i hope he proves me wrong

shaka

International Regular
I personally hope he makes a comeback to bowl to the Aussies one more time. That will be a true test of his ability to keep one up over the Australian team.

dinu23

International Debutant
I also hope Bond gets back in to the NZ team when the aussies arrive. he has the ability to rattle the aussie batsmen.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
dinu23 said:
I also hope Bond gets back in to the NZ team when the aussies arrive. he has the ability to rattle the aussie batsmen.
Not until Sri Lankan tour finishes, right Dinu !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SL should play four seamers as conditions likely to be very seamer friendly with weather being difficult to predict and conditions likely to be overcast . Toss likely to be crucial in all ODI's and Tests !! Winning the toss may give more than 3-1 advantage in winning the match !!

M/S Duckworth, Lewis will have a busy day !!

Last edited:

dinu23

International Debutant
no doubt SL will go in to the ODIs with four seamers, at least for the first two ODIs. that means with Zoysa out, Kulasekara and Dilhara get in to the team.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
darshandeshmukh said:
Is Murali's action legal or illegal?
Where have you been all these years ? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There are a lot of threads on the cricket web on Murali . May I suggest you spend some time reading them !! :D :D

The short answer is his action is legal for most of his regular deliveries !!

If the doosra is what you are enquiring about, the ICC tests have concluded 99% of bowlers are illegal in terms of the degree of elbow extension.

So they will decide next year on what degree of straightening is allowable!! At the present time his Doosra is contravening the current threshold and he cannot bowl that !(till ICC change the allowable limit !!)

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
NZ wins the toss and will bowl first.. excellent :D

Might rain in dorkland today... its a pity

Wellington yesterday = all sunshine