• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official ** Sri Lanka in New Zealand tour

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
My prediction-

ODIs NZ 3-2 (that's if all the games are played without a washout!! If a washout I think it will be a tie 2-2) !!

Tests - Whether Murali plays or not I think it will be 1-1 draw or a 1-0 to NZ based on the conditions !! I would love to be proved wrong and SL to win both !! :) :)

bryce

International Regular
ODI's i think will be 2-2(IMO there is bound to be at least one washout)
Tests i think SL will win 1-0

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
ODIs - 4-1 to NZ .... maybe even a 5-0 whitewash
Tests - 2-0 to NZ

Unlike australia i think we have reserve days for every game... so hopefully rain wont b a problem.

I know that auckland r having pretty **** weather.. but wellington has been really sunny but windy for the last few days...

The weather around the entire country is suppose to get 100000x better around the new years...

Also does anyone know what happened to taylor ?? what kinda injury ? and is it serious ?

Imho if nz are leading the series 3-0 we should play him...

bryce

International Regular
ND tour match is officially abandoned, play was first halted because of a damp outfield and they were going to start at 5:00 but then the rain started just as they were going to get underway, they even got the toss done and for the record SL were going to bat

Kent

State 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
Tests - 2-0 to NZ
Unless there's a massive bowling turnaround, it's hard to see NZ winning in Wellington IMO.

Vettori better be on his game if he's up against Murali, because I'll be surprised if the Basin pitch isn't a complete graveyard for medium-pacers this summer.

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
Richard Rash said:
A shame..they should of played Welly. It was fine today here
actually i think it might prove to be a blessing in disguise with the sri lankan batsman having no time in the middle to adjust to the new zealand pitches and conditions

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ certainly in an advantageous position heading into first ODI, in view of their players having been playing domestic cricket as well as recent Australian tour.

As most teams do well after being slapped around by the Aussies, NZ should also be in line for similar success.

SL batsmen may struggle with the NZ conditions having now not batted in a single game !! First ODI should be cake walk for NZ !!

I wonder if SL will get replacement for Zoysa or not ?

IMO, SL should play Vaas, Dilhara, Maharoof and Zoysa or Kulasekera. The toss up should be between Chandana, Arnold and Jayantha.

There is too much pressure on Arnold and without playing a single game on tour so far, it will be a risk to play him for first ODI.

SL should play Jayantha and Chandana and leave out Arnold for first ODI.

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
i think there side will look something like this,

1.Jayasuriya
2.Atapattu
3.Sangakarra
4.Jayawardene
5.Dilshan
6.Arnold
7.Chandana
8.Maharoof
9.Vaas
10.Zoysa/Kulasekera(Injury Pending)
11.Fernando

arnold has a good record in new zealand and i think that's one of the main reasons he was called up, i think jayantha and herath will both get games in at least one of the ODI's aswell

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
I hope N.Z plays Butler rather than Mills. I just watched 2004's best on Sky. It was the South African tour highlights and seeing Mills get carted round at the death doesn't make me feel very confident in his ability to bowl under pressure. Although Mills in better with the bat i think our depth is strong enough in the batting line-up so it's not really an issue and if Butler fails then they can just bring Mills back in. You have to give him a crack

bryce

International Regular
haha yeah rich i was watching that aswell, it didn't show mills get a single wicket! i can't wait 'til they show the natwest series on 2004's best

bryce

International Regular
the thing is mills is actually a decent bowler with a swinging new ball, i think we should just keep him away from the death overs, tuffey has already volunteered and i think styris should do about 3 at the end aswell, not sure what the other options are though apart from butler - i don't think oram is ideal and he normally bowls out pretty early at home

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
bryce said:
haha yeah rich i was watching that aswell, it didn't show mills get a single wicket! i can't wait 'til they show the natwest series on 2004's best
Yeah i know! Yep the natwest series will be good to watch. Lol they should show the best of the VB series from 3 years ago. I still enjoy watching Bond rip through Aussie's top order and ending both Mark and Steve Waugh's One Day careers.

It was strange watching the S.A highlights because it showed players like McMillian and Styris in form with the bat!

bryce

International Regular
yeah after watching that it tricked me into thinking 'maybe mcmillan shouldn't of been dropped?'

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
A lot of cricket has been played by the BCs since the SA series and Styris and McMillan's batting - especially in tests - has been substandard since then.

I thought I read that Cairns has volunteered to bowl at the death.