• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The issue is that Sri Lanka's resources beyond these two are rather limited. They're gonna have to get them the majority of the way there themselves imo.
Absolutely but that's exactly why they've taken this approach rather than go early and risk a wicket. Better that they are still there with 8.5 rpo required compared to them being 4 down now but with a lower required run rate

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Absolutely but that's exactly why they've taken this approach rather than go early and risk a wicket. Better that they are still there with 8.5 rpo required compared to them being 4 down now but with a lower required run rate
Yeah, but the run rate is pretty much 8.5 already and we're still 20 overs out. And now Champers is out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
well that's over probably. I still think they took the right approach, it was a reckless shot that got them as opposed to how they were batting before, but they eventually had to go for it. I think going any earlier would have meant they were no chance if they lost a wicket.

Shady Slim

International Coach
yeah i would rather have the thisaras and milindas come in around over 35-40 needing to get around eight an over than come in at 25 needing six. they didn't get either, unfortunately.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kids are the best when being interviewed. Just stuff up the interviewer so often.

"who do you think is going to win the cricket"

"ummm, I don't know"

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon Henry's a bit like Kyle Mills in that we really should be looking to get no fewer than 8 overs out of him in his first spell because the gulf between his qualities as a new ball and old ball bowler are pretty staggering.

Shady Slim

International Coach
perera not a hugely big fish here, he's done a decent job to chew up two overs worth of balls striking at over 100 anyway, pinchhitting.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hadn't seen Siriwardana before this tour. Jeez he's impressed me. Classy all-round talent.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasn't impressed with Nicholls' fielding when he had that drop on debut, but he's really redeemed himself since.