• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

thierry henry

International Coach
Not sure what to say about that. Hard to criticise Ronchi or Santner too much, also hard to criticise the 3 blokes who are expected to make runs and did exactly that.

Ultimately Ross, Guppy and KW all played good knocks but all got out prior to accelerating and that was the blessing and curse of the innings.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Boult still trundling in. Looking less and less likely that he'll be a factor in the Aus series. :(

thierry henry

International Coach
Adam Larsen hitting that economical and pole-less length again, or so the commentary is leading me to believe. Henry in the wickets, also as is tradition.

thierry henry

International Coach
AFAIK Larsen basically played through the 80s as a batting all-rounder in NZ domestic cricket. At least, that was the prevailing narrative of his career as I understood, as his NZ career basically coincided with me starting to watch cricket. Handy middle-order bat and slightly-better-than-part-time bowler who developed a niche for economy in 50 over cricket.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm, these two are playing really well at the moment. A long way to go, but it's making me a little bit nervous.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni-esque approach this chase in a way. Willing to let the run rate go up to keep wickets in hand, and then see what happens in the last 15-20.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni-esque approach this chase in a way. Willing to let the run rate go up to keep wickets in hand, and then see what happens in the last 15-20.
The issue is that Sri Lanka's resources beyond these two are rather limited. They're gonna have to get them the majority of the way there themselves imo.