• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Leg side boundaries from Guptill is encouraging, one of them even off the back foot.

His leg side play was getting Rud-like.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That is an ugly ugly shot from McCullum. I know he likes to be aggressive but he doesn't have to play like that.
They're opening the bowling with Perera. McCullum is rightfully calling that bluff. Would be absolutely rubbish to let them get away with that.

MAD MAX

Cricket Spectator
I would've thought this series would be all about playing World Cup squad players. Picking Henry a weird move for mine (imo he should've been in the squad). The Cricinfo article seemed to think Vettori was going to come in for Elliott.
I think they needed to rest McClenaghan one of these two games and seeing as hes an aucklander he will play in auckland on saturday, as for southee and mills neither are fit as yet

vandem

International 12th Man
I would've thought this series would be all about playing World Cup squad players. Picking Henry a weird move for mine (imo he should've been in the squad)....
It's also about ensuring our bowlers don't get burned out. Southee's taking a short break, officially has some minor niggles. Mills is still recovering from injury. Leaves only 3 "fit" fast bowlers in the squad. Temporarily adding Henry to the squad is good, IMHO he's the unofficial 16th player, and will get called in if Mills doesn't recover or another fast bowler has a serious injury.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So according to Craig Cumming, the logic behind Vettori batting at 5 is so they don't mess with Anderson & Ronchi batting 6 & 7 respectively...hmmm

Mike5181

International Captain
Hopefully Baz gets a reasonably big score today. That half-century in the last game aside, he hasn't been able to transfer that amazing form in test cricket into this format of the game.