• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
JASON said:
The Umpires who lost their finger during England innings pretty quickly discovered it during the SL innings , particularly for LBW's ... and they didn't need to be asked twice on any occasion when SL batted .... Change of their criteria perhaps or the fingers got warmer during the change of innings ...:@ :laugh:
I was almost embarrassed watching the procession of Sri Lankan batsmen dismissed leg before, no for those decisions of course - because every one was 'nailed on' - but for the earlier ones in the game when England were reprieved on several occasions when they were 'even more out'.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
luckyeddie said:
I was almost embarrassed watching the procession of Sri Lankan batsmen dismissed leg before, no for those decisions of course - because every one was 'nailed on' - but for the earlier ones in the game when England were reprieved on several occasions when they were 'even more out'.
Totally agree. I winced when I saw the card. Seems like taking the Mickey Bliss after Rudi's refusals.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
You can hardly criticise the umpires for the lbws they gave yesterday... all of them were absolutely dead, no uncetaintty watsoever. Whereas, although murali had one that was close and vaas too, none were dead like that.

Swervy

International Captain
JASON said:
Well played England, Strauss, Cook, Collingwood, Freddie (including the brilliant declaration) (I won't commend the centurions, because they were aided in their centuries).
so you cant praise anyone who has made the most of the lucky break they got. you are starting to sound like Richard:laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm indebted to Steve James of The Guardian (& ex of England & Glamorgan) who pointed out that when Ali Cook joined Tres we had two batsmen born on Christmas day at the crease. Is this a first? :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
Agree they were plumb .

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
albo97056 said:
You can hardly criticise the umpires for the lbws they gave yesterday... all of them were absolutely dead, no uncetaintty watsoever. Whereas, although murali had one that was close and vaas too, none were dead like that.
I must have watched a different replay then.:laugh:

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
not that they wernt out, but when you first saw them they were sort of, yeh , mabe, not definite, but with the replay, yeh they looked out...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
I'm indebted to Steve James of The Guardian (& ex of England & Glamorgan) who pointed out that when Ali Cook joined Tres we had two batsmen born on Christmas day at the crease. Is this a first? :)
No wonder that Christmas has cometh early for them then .:laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
Just wow. Such a dominant performance so far. Mahmood = tops.
England's amazing discovery of young talented cricketers continues , while SL's cupboard is bare !!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
albo97056 said:
I'll grant you that they were missing off and missing leg - but hitting half-way up middle is just a teensy bit out in my book.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Saj been poor this morning, thats quite often how he's bowled for Lancs, one great spell, one poor one.

Flintoff on for Hoggard at this end, then Hoggard on for Mahmood at the other, atherton agrees

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
albo97056 said:
not that they wernt out, but when you first saw them they were sort of, yeh , mabe, not definite, but with the replay, yeh they looked out...
Indeed, the thing to remember is the umpire has 1 look only.

It's very easy to criticise an umpire when you have lots of replays...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's the big one: Jayawardene goes. Super bowling from Fred.

On the down side I'm about 65 miles (I guess) from Lord's & it's thundering here. No rain yet, but it'll be here soon enough.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
steds said:
Python giving a fielding masterclass.
Wish I could have seen that last one, diving save then stands outside the rope and picks the ball up...

Of course they all happen off Plunkett's bowling who's had no luck whatsoever.