• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of the West Indies, AUGUST 6th to 26th, 2024-- 2 TESTS & 3 T20Is

SeamUp

International Coach
He looked like one of the most accomplished players for SA when he toured NZ nearly three years ago. Surprised he hasn't come on stronger since.
Agreed. He got an impressive test hundred there. Also on that pitiful test tour of Australia he played our best innings if memory serves me correct. But it's been tough around that. That lack of front foot & throwing the hands at it.

This is how he plays domestically. Fast-paced scorer without ever looking like he has done much.

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
Look at Stubbs for example , this guy is a feared hitter yet he's trying to turn himself into Roshan Mahanama in Test cricket, is it a coincidence that his highest score came when he was given license to play his natural game in the second innings of the 1st Test vs West Indies ?

I think not, it's the same thing that caused Klaasen to fail at Test cricket too, you guys need to lift the handbrake on your players or they will never be a success
Nonsense this isn't 50 overs,t20 or the hundred 3 an over is fine.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Good partnership from Kyle and wiaan, got us out of a big hole.

After a good start by Aiden and Tony we got ourselves into a big hole. Yes the Windies bowled well but we should have done more to rotate the strike. We got stuck and the collapse followed.

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Well deserved wicket. Bowled a probing line and length. Don't think #3 is Stubbs's calling
If he's gonna do it I think he's better off just taking the bazball approach and being a bit more aggressive. Looked way better when he made 68(50) the other test than stratching around between the odd decent drive.

Dendarii

International Debutant
He has good temperament, I have no idea why he's not part of our ODI plans either , he's clutch in run chases for Western Province
He'll be captaining South Africa A in the white ball matches against Sri Lanka A, so it does seem that they're giving him another look. I think he fell by the wayside a bit because of Klaasen being a regular which meant that there wasn't any need for another keeper when it came to tournament squads. But now with De Kock gone they do need to look for more keepers.