• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
it is understandable when u lose wickets in score of less than 100 and ur team is strugling.. but when u have a big lead of over 150 and u bat in strike rate of 40 or 39 is just dire..the score is 272 for four right now and what is the worse that can happen.. lose another six wickets for another 50 runs.. if there is possibility.. india will be under pressure still with being behind 250 runs which will put them under alot of pressure considering that they are missing little master.. if Kallis bat aggrassively indian bowlers will come under pressure and not to forget audiance and people who are watching cricket in the studium would be entertained also.. but all he is doing is boosting his average.. to become a legend or something..

u r saying RP singh, pathan and sreesanth and soo on are bowling good?well they might be but the question is how good Kallis is bating? as far as this sitution is concern.. he is doing the worst job possible..
Kallis is batting exactly the way he should be - if he bats for a few more overs,the game is all but over.

Lead of 250, still leaves India with a slim chance

ret

International Debutant
That's just ridiculous. And when you say Ganguly got out not knowing 'when to attack or defend', that kind of puts a big hole in your theory, because thats the definition of what happens in a 'controlled aggression'.
you must be kidding .... didn't u read that i said Ganguly was in two minds on whether to 'defend' or to 'leave' [and not attack like you implied] .... to defend or to leave is a dilemma caused by your survival theory .... i clearly explained how they should have played

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
u r saying RP singh, pathan and sreesanth and soo on are bowling good?well they might be but the question is how good Kallis is bating? as far as this sitution is concern.. he is doing the worst job possible..
Honestly, how do you figure? If he keeps batting the way he is, he'll bat out most of the day for a huge unbeaten ton. With some hard-hitting around him, SA will be 500+ in front by the end of the day with 3 days left to watch India duck and weave Morkel, Steyn and Ntini to 8-1 fields and that's if they last longer than tomorrow.

As Social said, he's doing exactly what he should be. What else do you advocate he do? There's really not a lot to be gained in going for shots but if he gets out, there's a fair bit more to be lost.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This is Test cricket.

It is the first day of the second morning where they already have 212 run lead in the first innings. How exactly is he doing badly? What exactly do you want him to do? He is batting India out of the game right now, and there is no question of not having a result in this match, so I don't really understand your post at all.

ret

International Debutant
the SA RR is pretty good at 3.25 .... though i m not watching the game live, considering how the pitch behaved it a surprise that the two spinners have bowled 41 of 90 overs!!!! i would have expected more overs bowled by the quicks

I don't know how the field setting is but the only way for Ind to come back is to keep picking up wkts so i hope that its attacking .... i hope that Kumble has not gone defensive

With the two SA batsmen in their 90s, I m hitting the sack [1.50 am here]

haroon510

International 12th Man
Honestly, how do you figure? If he keeps batting the way he is, he'll bat out most of the day for a huge unbeaten ton. With some hard-hitting around him, SA will be 500+ in front by the end of the day with 3 days left to watch India duck and weave Mørkel, Steyn and Ntini to 8-1 fields and that's if they last longer than tomorrow.

As Social said, he's doing exactly what he should be. What else do you advocate he do? There's really not a lot to be gained in going for shots but if he gets out, there's a fair bit more to be lost.
how would that be possible? he is wasting all those overs.. what i wanted to state is that if he bat aggrassively here.. by the end of the day they might end up with the lead of 400 to 500 and give three days for india to fight back.. that is the only way we can get a result in this test match.. he will bat like this and we have dravid in indian side if he does click he will bat worse than kallis and we end up with a draw match..

if he bat if not that aggrassive ...similar with AB or faster maybe in strike rate of 65 to 70 there is possibility of Sa with a lead of 500 by the end of the day.. but we are asking for mricales from Kallis..

This is Test cricket.

It is the first day of the second morning where they already have 212 run lead in the first innings. How exactly is he doing badly? What exactly do you want him to do? He is batting India out of the game right now, and there is no question of not having a result in this match, so I don't really understand your post at all.
i understand it is a test cricket and i am not asking for a strike rate of 90 or 80 or even 70.. all i am saying is that if Sa bat all day today and half a day tomarrow with kallis going in this speed.. we might end up with draw considering that we have got Dravid in indian side.. he will play 20 overs for a duck to draw the match..

pluse it is just killing the game.. i understand it is test match but cricket is run by fans who come to studium and if they aren't entertain.. we will see them in football studium watching Mexico vs Paru's football match..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
i understand it is a test cricket and i am not asking for a strike rate of 90 or 80 or even 70.. all i am saying is that if Sa bat all day today and half a day tomarrow with kallis going in this speed.. we might end up with draw considering that we have got Dravid in indian side.. he will play 20 overs for a duck to draw the match..
No. India are not batting out two and a half days.....

pluse it is just killing the game.. i understand it is test match but cricket is run by fans who come to studium and if they aren't entertain.. we will see them in football studium watching Mexico vs Paru's football match..
This is entertaining.

R_D

International Debutant
Haroon stop watching test cricket tbh just watch ODI and 20/20..... Kallis doing exactly whats needed from him. His teams up by 200+ runs and he's batting India out of the match. If he had gone we might've seen couple of wickets go quickly and India would've been back in the game. Its not like SA needs to score quickly... its only the second day.

howardj

International Coach
how would that be possible? he is wasting all those overs.. what i wanted to state is that if he bat aggrassively here.. by the end of the day they might end up with the lead of 400 to 500 and give three days for india to fight back.. that is the only way we can get a result in this test match.. he will bat like this and we have dravid in indian side if he does click he will bat worse than kallis and we end up with a draw match..

if he bat if not that aggrassive ...similar with AB or faster maybe in strike rate of 65 to 70 there is possibility of Sa with a lead of 500 by the end of the day.. but we are asking for mricales from Kallis..

Please, give the Kallis bashing a rest. It's day two of a Test match FFS. Maybe if the Indians had applied themselves similarly, they'd still be in contention. As it is, Kallis is displaying the kind of 'over my dead body' attitude that is lacking with so many Test match batsmen these days. It's so hackneyed - bashing Kallis over his strike rate. The oh so attacking Ricky Ponting only strikes at 58 himself....hardly electrifying either. Kallis, the only man along with Sobers to have scored 8000+ Test runs and taken 200 Test wickets, deserves more respect.

Laurrz

International Debutant
sometimes Kallis' slow batting can halt his team.. it can even put pressure on his players

but after they were 4/117... RSA wouldn't of mind if he taken 2 days to get a ton or something... because India only lasted 20 overs so they have a gazillion years to make runs.. just as long as they dont only have a lead of around 100 which is very dangerous batting last in India.....

he v reliable though.. you generally have to get him out for him to be out if that makes sense...

him and ABDV perhaps a good duo together, i notice when one is quiet the other accelerates ...

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Haroon stop watching test cricket tbh just watch ODI and 20/20..... Kallis doing exactly whats needed from him. His teams up by 200+ runs and he's batting India out of the match. If he had gone we might've seen couple of wickets go quickly and India would've been back in the game. Its not like SA needs to score quickly... its only the second day.
Well said. I can't remember exactly who, but i think this is the same poster who was bashing Kallis in another post. As the poster above me has mentioned, the difference between strike rates is really negligible. You have to remember that the game consists of atleast 400 overs, so striking at around 30 is reasonable enough.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Its probably worth a mention now, but all of South Africa's batsmen who are establishing themselves and who average below 40 have scored 100s so far - McKenzie, Amla and deVilliers.

TazzX

U19 12th Man
Kallis batting way too slowly here. A strike rate of 42 is unacceptable in this stage of the game. After bowling India out in 20 overs, South Africa should have a lead of over 500 by now. There's barely any time left in this match! What is he doing? Selfish average boosting IMO.

Is this great kiwi mentality that just cost your team a series loss at home against Eng.

Thr guys are doing great, just what is need right now :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is this great kiwi mentality that just cost your team a series loss at home against Eng.

Thr guys are doing great, just what is need right now :)
I think it was more of a sarcastic post at the attitude of some of the other members here towards Kallis' batting.