• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

Craig

World Traveller
They have done it, gone past the total with all ten wickets in hand. What is their average for the 1st wicket (Smith and McKenzie)?

Googenheim

U19 12th Man
It was Kapil's 1st test as a coach. Dion Nash steam rolled India for 83 and then India scored 505/3 in the 2nd innings to save it!

If SAF score 400+ on this track then it will be really hard for us to save the game!
Yeah, although if they score 400+, it'd mean they've used up a day and a half. The more time they use up, the lesser time India need to bat second time around. However, SA chugging along at 5+ runs an over isn't exactly helping that scenario for India.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India in general not just the cricket team seems to care more about the upcoming IPL than it does about this series. Shame but that's no excuse for what we've seen today. Would it be wrong of me to question how proffesional this side is? Because their inconsistency is really beyond me now.

Googenheim

U19 12th Man
But just coming home and looking at the body language of the Indian's in this test match and in the last, it seems that they've really dropped in intensity and it looks like they've got other things on their mind.
Modi making the players travel across the country to promote the IPL in between two tests wouldn't have helped their preparation one bit.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does Australia get a Test here later in the year?:ph34r:

Just saw highlights on Fox (no Seetanta in my house) - wicket looked a bit green and the ball looked to be moving. Of course they only show the wickets, was the ball moving ridiculously, or just enough to do damage?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was calling for the spinners to come on and Sreesanth gets a wicket.
Oh.

I think I might tune out of the cricket for tonight. Team India can be so depressing at times. Actually all my sport teams are struggling a bit these days.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You already got a Nagpur in 2004. You're only getting one like this again if you prepare a raging turner at Sydney next time India tour Australia. :p
It turned for Clarke in the last over :p.

Seriously, was it doing that much? I saw one highlight where some poor fella got bowled by an off cutter that looked like it ducked in about 18 inches.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The wides bowled by the Indian seamers is disturbing. None of them are bowling on the stumps, vis-a-vis Steyn and Ntini not letting go of the straight line between the two middle-stumps. Likewise, Sreesanth has struggled to reach the 140k mark, and doesn't seem to be trying hard.

Moreover, the field set is defensive, only to (unsuccessfully) plug boundaries, when the priority should be to take wickets. We wonder, what is the captain thinking? Well, there's not much point blaming the pacers, when the Great Indian Test Batting Lineup has failed miserably against one obscure bowler who was bowling at express pace- and still there seems to be nothing wrong with them.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
India have batted awfully, but it happens. It is a freak occurance against arguably the best fast bowler in the world.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
What the...??? I jus checked the score online for the first time today and... well the ones who are watching can you tell me what went wrong/right in India's/South Africa's way? By the way, Dale Steyn, 5 wickets...great! He's in my Super Selector Team.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
What the...??? I jus checked the score online for the first time today and... well the ones who are watching can you tell me what went wrong/right in India's/South Africa's way? By the way, Dale Steyn, 5 wickets...great! He's in my Super Selector Team.
India simply failed to apply themselves against a quality three pronged pace attack in seamer friendly conditions.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Obscure, facing Ganguly, Laxman, Dravid and Sehwag- who have also faced Akhtar, Lee, Bond and other more celebrated pacers.
and have failed or looked troubled againts them when they were bowling at their best in helpul conditions. So Steyn rocking India just brings back an age old notion that Indian's have deficiencies againts high quality fast bowling.