• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hate to rub it in, but didn't they only make 42 in that game?
That's the thing with our latest generation...

I know we got bowled out for 76 in 20 overs but look, we were maintaining a run rate of above 4....... And that's important, esp. given that we were carrying that crab Rahul Dravid....... :p

And yeah, fully expect RSA to rub it in and score big runs on this wicket. I just think we tend to perform poorly whenever we get bowler friendly conditions AT HOME... Almost as if we don't expect these tracks. Tend to perform better in similar pitches away from home, maybe the shock factor is not there when we are touring.....

biased indian

International Coach
who ever selected RP should be given .some extra reward...even if he went on to take 10 wickets....he is just giving away easy runs bull****

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Is this pitch a minefield or what? Then again India chose to bat first.
No, good solid pitch for fast bowling. I think actually it's very similar to the first Test in SA and the pitch there where India bowled SA out for 81 in their first innings and won the match.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It would be quite embarassing if SA overtake India with 10 wickets still in hand - though after that batting display - we could use some embarassment.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
waiting for social, haroon, raghav etc. to have a field day today in this thread... :D

To be honest, although he goes overboard most of the time, some of social's thoughts on this series weren't the worst..... One thing that strikes me about India is that we never seem to pick ourselves up soon after some big victory. A good win in some series is almost invariably followed by a bad series or two.... Might be because we (not the Indian members here, I mean the nation as a whole) tend to go overboard with the celebrations. Nothing wrong with that, but it seems like it does get to the players at times.....

Not an ideal start for Kirsten though.

Craig

World Traveller
No, good solid pitch for fast bowling. I think actually it's very similar to the first Test in SA and the pitch there where India bowled SA out for 81 in their first innings and won the match.
That's good to see actually, I mean it is a lot more refreshing then just chasing leather for days on end like it was in Chennai. So does this effort by Dale Steyn help his case then in being able to preform in India and the sub continent then? 5 for 23 is a fair effort for mine.

It would be quite embarassing if SA overtake India with 10 wickets still in hand - though after that batting display - we could use some embarassment.
Only 17 runs away.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That's good to see actually, I mean it is a lot more refreshing then just chasing leather for days on end like it was in Chennai. So does this effort by Dale Steyn help his case then in being able to preform in India and the sub continent then?
No, these conditions are not typical subcontinent ones. We already know he can tear people apart on pitches that assist fast bowling.

Craig

World Traveller
And why hasn't Kumble brought himself or Harbhajan on I have no idea. You need wickets and they have the best chance of doing it since RP Singh is bowling crap.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And why hasn't Kumble brought himself or Harbhajan on I have no idea. You need wickets and they have the best chance of doing it since RP Singh is bowling crap.
Problem is the pitch was best for swing bowling in the first hour. It's getting better and better for batting as we go along, and if India had any hope, they needed to utilize as much of the swinging conditions as possible. Obviously they failed at that, but bringing him and Bhajji on would have been too defensive...though I think now there is no choice.

Googenheim

U19 12th Man
There's always a second innings. I remember a season opening test a few years back where the visiting Kiwis rolled India over for 100 odd in the first innings, only to see the match drawn. Was quite a bizzare test, that.

Craig

World Traveller
Problem is the pitch was best for swing bowling in the first hour. It's getting better and better for batting as we go along, and if India had any hope, they needed to utilize as much of the swinging conditions as possible. Obviously they failed at that, but bringing him and Bhajji on would have been too defensive...though I think now there is no choice.
I was thinking along the lines it would slow the run rate down and remember what happened in Napier when England were able to stop Stephen Fleming from scoring? They got him out and New Zealand fell to pieces. Same thing could happen here.

kingkallis

International Coach
There's always a second innings. I remember a season opening test a few years back where the visiting Kiwis rolled India over for 100 odd in the first innings, only to see the match drawn. Was quite a bizzare test, that.
It was Kapil's 1st test as a coach. Dion Nash steam rolled India for 83 and then India scored 505/3 in the 2nd innings to save it!

If SAF score 400+ on this track then it will be really hard for us to save the game!

masterblaster

International Captain
I was at work when around 2:50 pm I logged onto CricInfo and saw that India's batting. I thought to myself, 'beautiful, when I get to work I'll be able to watch Sehwag, Laxman, Dravid and Ganguly tear it up. I then became busy with work and then logged onto CricInfo again at 4:50 pm and saw that India were all out for 76.

Could not believe it, India bowled out for 76 in India. But just coming home and looking at the body language of the Indian's in this test match and in the last, it seems that they've really dropped in intensity and it looks like they've got other things on their mind.

I haven't seen the bowling yet of South Africa, but it must've been great if they've managed to completely destroy us.