• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Steyn is a hero if he could make India bowler short for 2nd inngs

Edit: Everything settles now.. Sreesanth to face another ball from Steyn
mate, you must be an idiot of the highest proportions to wish that someone should get physically injured, juz because you happen to hate the cricket team he plays for.

And I like to think you are not, so plz don't continue that way.

Craig

World Traveller
mate, you must be an idiot of the highest proportions to wish that someone should get physically injured, juz because you happen to hate the cricket team he plays for.

And I like to think you are not, so plz don't continue that way.
AWTA.

Can a mod come in and tell Raghav to pull his/her head in?

Meanwhile Graeme Smith is taking the India's bowling attack to the cleaners, so he must be looking at the prospect of having a chance of winnings this game. If I were Kumble (and obviously I'm not) and this keeps on going, I'd be tempted to bring myself or Harbhajan on.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Sreesanth and RP Singh have started awfully. They need to pick it up lest the lead be eradicated quickly.

News is that Ishant Sharma has been declared fit for selection in the second Test.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
wow and absolutely fantastic comeback from South Africa... With India at 480/1...i thought this match was as dead as the pitch..but thats a superb turnaround....Steyn and Ntini have shown character...

I still predict a draw but its a less boring draw :P

sideshowtim

Banned
What the hell is Smith doing? He is flashing at everything, really not what is needed.
That's actually pretty much what is needed in order for South Africa to have a shot at winning. I applaud Smith for playing positively. I hope Dravid is taking some notes.

Protean

State Regular
That's actually pretty much what is needed in order for South Africa to have a shot at winning. I applaud Smith for playing positively. I hope Dravid is taking some notes.
Yeah? There is a difference between being positive and just looking like going out. He was really fishing at some of those.

Craig

World Traveller
1 slip and a gully with the new ball? :blink:

Sorry I don't rate Kumble's captaincy that highly, because he is one to go defensive too early, they still have a lead and if Smith is flashing at everything, then I reckon you have a chance of getting a wicket. And if a bowler is getting an edge and even if goes through the slips, then it is a moral victory for mine.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This is shocking stuff from the opening bowlers. They are both down at around 130kph with no sort of consistency. At this sort of pace, they need to provide some sort of other dimension to differentiate them from the Praveen Kumars or Irfan Pathans who provide better accuracy. There is an art to bowling on flat pitches and it relies on probing the corridor on a fullish length, not bowling erratically with no pace.

Bring on the spinners!

adharcric

International Coach
RP Singh looks so utterly harmless right now. I'd seriously consider VRV for the next match if Ishant isn't fit. Pathan is an option but I'm not sure how effective he can be on flat pitches.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
RP Singh looks so utterly harmless right now. I'd seriously consider VRV for the next match if Ishant isn't fit. Pathan is an option but I'm not sure how effective he can be on flat pitches.
Ishant has been declared fit.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
wonder if an attack of Ishant, Sreesanth and Pathan will serve us better. Ahmedabad must be pretty flat too...

But then again, Chepauk is generally a result pitch and if those guys served up this kind of pitch, the blokes at Motera may just serve a real result pitch. :)

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ishant and Sreesanth then.
But is Sreesanth much better? The highlights I saw of him in the first innings looked good, but he has looked similarly toothless in his first 4 overs. Steyn showed that reverse swing is an effective form of attack on these abrasive pitches, so maybe Munaf Patel would be a good option. It is a shame that our only exponent of reverse swing comes with such a risk attached.