• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hopefully that means it's getting tough to bat on. Need a big performance with the ball now.

biased indian

International Coach
ha ha ha laxman takes a single of the first ball
aganist a bowler who have just dismissed last 4 batsmen bowled by his pace and swing

and sreesanth got hit...:laugh:

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Steyn is a hero if he could make India bowler short for 2nd inngs

Edit: Everything settles now.. Sreesanth to face another ball from Steyn

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
I wonder why our blokes (Lee, Clark, Johnson, Hogg, Tait, Symonds/Clarke) couldn't rip through the tail with this much precision? :-O

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good comeback from South Africa today. 87 lead is better than nothing but well short of what we thought we'd end up with this morning.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Good comeback from South Africa today. 87 lead is better than nothing but well short of what we thought we'd end up with this morning.
I expected SA to restrict IND to less than 650 today morning before play started... :)

Craig

World Traveller
Superb comeback by South Africa to pick up 9/169 (roughly as I just quickly worked it out) and it has thrown this match on its head. This is the great thing about cricket, when it seems one team has it won, a loss of a wicket and then a quick second and a team is right back in with a chance.

I'm going to say draw, unless India's spinners work their magic.

masterblaster

International Captain
People who are doubting Dravid's knock or his strategy are misinformed. If he had played aggressively along with Sehwag who was playing super aggressively, then Dravid would never have given Sehwag so much support. He tied up one end, basically guaranteed he wouldn't get out so Sehwag could just unleash.

Dravid is almost impossible to dislodge when he's batting like this and quite frankly if he had been dismissed cheaply by playing a rash shot, India wouldn't have gotten this far ahead. Dravid also knows the useless nature of the Indian tail and the inconsistency in test matches of Dhoni, Kumble and Harbhajan.

The combination of Sehwag's ultra aggressive batting and Dravid's determination not to get out has gotten us an extremely good total.