• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nope. Wish there is some sort of broadcast. I can't believe Sky is willing to telecast all 59 games of IPL muppet 20 20 but nothing from the same country of the tests.
Well they (India, referring back to your original post) certainly aren't doing it at the moment then, are they?

That's even ignoring the fact that he only bowled 6 overs (on a really flat wicket), none of which you actually saw. Steyn was expensive against the West Indies at times as well but they never made him look ordinary as such.

All in all, I think your post was crap, basically, given how little you had to base it on, even if what you said was actually true (except the last part, which was clearly wrong).

Last edited:

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Must have missed that. Living in England, it was hard to watch all of the Test series. Did he put his back into the attempted bouncers?
Well, he was bowling terribly by that stage (in the arvo, it would've been), spraying it all over the place and heading to the fence with disturbing regularity, so maybe not.

Dhoni has turned into a very good wicketkeeper. It would be ridiculous to drop him.
Agreed. He certainly out-kept Adam Gilchrist in Australia (of course, the way that Gilchrist kept for most of that series, that wouldn't be a difficult feat in itself).

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
which is why I said, I appreciate someone like Sehwag more than some of the big 4 coz he opens in tests which is a difficult thing to do, does that in difficult conditions without any fuss, and does a good job at that

I would start out with Ganguly, open or get out .... He lines up to open in ODIs, makes a fuss when he is dropped even though he is not playing well, lines up to bat down the order in tests [remember the controversy in Pak when Dravid suggest that he should open and he declined then Dravid opened]
Not sure if you have your story right there. From all accounts that I have read/heard/seen of the matter, Sourav did want to open but Dravid decided to open as it was in the best interests of the team and that it wasn't a "big deal"........

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am least bothered .What about some sportive pitches which have some thing in it rather than pitches which may break in the 4th day evening .
why is it that a pitch that helps bowlers on the 4th and 5th day, after being a road in the first 3 days worse than a pitch that helps the bowlers on the 1st and 2nd day and then becomes a road??????????????????????????

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
why is it that a pitch that helps bowlers on the 4th and 5th day, after being a road in the first 3 days worse than a pitch that helps the bowlers on the 1st and 2nd day and then becomes a road??????????????????????????
Precisely. It isn't.

biased indian

International Coach
This is one of the reason why I hate watching test matches in India. Totally batsman friendly or some times its total spinny tracks... That Charm of Test cricket is lost when played in India in most cases...
Then why play in india..we could always be on tour..
if all places had same simillar condition whts the need of home and away matches

Laurrz

International Debutant
ideal pitch will help bowlers on first day and then take turn later on imo

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Well they (India, referring back to your original post) certainly aren't doing it at the moment then, are they?

That's even ignoring the fact that he only bowled 6 overs (on a really flat wicket), none of which you actually saw. Steyn was expensive against the West Indies at times as well but they never made him look ordinary as such.

All in all, I think your post was crap, basically, given how little you had to base it on, even if what you said was actually true (except the last part, which was clearly wrong).
My post is crap? Don't tell me Steyn is your Sinclair II. I like Steyn, I was really looking forward to him doing damage in this series to once again separate himself from all the other quicks around atm. To get no wickets with a brand new ball and now it seems the Indians are cashing in on that fact, is pretty ordinary even on a flat pitch. Not that Indian quicks were any better, but I really thought Steyn would do well with the new ball regardless of the pitch conditions. I've been trying to follow it the best I can from commentary.

And if you're saying that the Sky bit is wrong, it's not. Sky NZ is broadcasting the entire IPL series, all of the games. Normally you'd at least get highlight packages from Sky of test series (like Australia versus India tests) but we don't even get that at all. Hence the comment. (Not sure why I'm explaining myself).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To get no wickets with a brand new ball and now it seems the Indians are cashing in on that fact, is pretty ordinary even on a flat pitch.
You said they were "making him look ordinary at the moment" though. As I said, "at the moment" was clearly off the mark as they hadn't been on the field for about 12 hours, and regardless of what his figures were, you had no idea of how they were actually making him look as you weren't watching the game. Steyn very rarely looks completely ordinary.. sometimes batsmen get on top of him for little periods but he's always in the game and comes back strongly. You were in no position to make a judgment of how he looked based on 6 overs which you didn't even watch AFAIC.

]Don't tell me Steyn is your Sinclair II. I like Steyn, I was really looking forward to him doing damage in this series to once again separate himself from all the other quicks around atm.
If I had to guess I'd actually say you liked Steyn more than I do as most people tend to. I don't even think he'll have a particularly good series. I just thought it was a really strange call at the time based on pretty much nothing.

Lesilie1 said:
And if you're saying that the Sky bit is wrong, it's not.
No, I was saying that the "atm" on the end of your post was wrong, given the day's play had finished some twelve hours earlier. It's not really important at all, but it added to the "WTF" reaction I had to my post.

Last edited:

Protean

State Regular
Morne Morkel is looking the most dangerous of the SA bowlers, getting good pace and beating the bat.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jezz the selectors were patient with Jaffer. I wonder if he might repay them big time in this test.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
ideal pitch will help bowlers on first day and then take turn later on imo
yeah but u can't get ideal conditions everywhere. So many pitches in England and even a couple in Australia NEVER really assist spinners..... Yet those pitches are supposedly better, for some of these guys, than a pitch in India which will help spinners in the last 2 or 3 days but before that, helps batsmen. Those seaming pitches in England generally flatten out pretty well for batters in the last two days mostly........