• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Regarding all the dreadful-Indian-medium-pacer comments, let's just look at this- there are only two seamers, with Ganguly offering next to no support, the pitch being flat, the outfield fast, and the outfielding weak. They can't be as bad as made out in these comments.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Regarding all the dreadful-Indian-medium-pacer comments, let's just look at this- there are only two seamers, with Ganguly offering next to no support, the pitch being flat, the outfield fast, and the outfielding weak. They can't be as bad as made out in these comments.
The pitch makes the medium pacers look worse than they are. But I have not criticised Sreesanth, because he has bowled well and with a lot of heart. RP Singh has been below par though.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I never implied any sort of malintent from Rauf, just that it was a bad decision. Harbhajan with the caught and bowled.
I was clowning. Just I watch India games with mates and if Dar or Rauf give us a howler this one always comes up.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
I, myself actually said that earlier in this thread. But watching him bowl, he has bowled with less consistency than usually. Usually, he leaks his runs through full balls he is trying to get to swing, but in this game, it has been full balls, short balls, very short balls and wide balls. The pace has also been down for him, bowling for a period in the 125kph region due to fatigue. Pathan, especially with his new action, is an accurate bowler, but I feel that accuracy alone can not work on a pitch that is this ridiculously flat (as I am presuming the next two pitches will be). Furthermore, when Pathan bowls anything shorter than a good length, it sits up and will be cannon fodder for a cut, pull or backfoot drive.
I actually agree with all of this - which is why I refrained from asking for RP Singh to be dropped, despite the fact that I don't rate him. I bolded the part above because I feel that is a major fault of RP's - he's too adventurous in his pursuit of swing and often pitches it too full. However, he often goes for runs when he pitches it short, because he lacks a decent bouncer (I remember Symonds/Hogg hooking and cutting him in Sydney). Cue the James Anderson comparison.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
because he lacks a decent bouncer (I remember Symonds/Hogg hooking and cutting him in Sydney).
I don't actually think that he has a bouncer, just a short ball that rises sharply occasionally.

South Africa: 540 all out. Surely they have eliminated any chance of a loss.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Teams have lost after scoring 500 before. We just need to get close and quick, Kumble and Bhajji would probably fancy their chances rolling them on day 4.

We shouldn't be giving this up already.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
I don't actually think that he has a bouncer, just a short ball that rises sharply occasionally.

South Africa: 540 all out. Surely they have eliminated any chance of a loss.
Well, he did try to bounce Symonds once in Sydney and got hooked non-chalantly for four.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, he did try to bounce Symonds once in Sydney and got hooked non-chalantly for four.
Must have missed that. Living in England, it was hard to watch all of the Test series. Did he put his back into the attempted bouncers?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Morne Morkel chases a Jaffer drive from mid-off to covers, saving a run off a possible boundary. He slides, gets his body behind the ball at just the right time. RP Singh, take note.