• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Burner

International Regular
Bumble discovering the wonderful things internet has to offer. Keeps biting at everything as well. His twitter is a riot.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not just SA either. Guys like Pratters social and King Pietersen who evidently haven't watched a ball of the test have come in here to pass judgement on the pitch. Atleast stphndbsn has followed the test and is in a position to have an actual opinion.
I am watching it right now and have watched several hours of it - it's a **** heap

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Nobody thinks Ashwin is as good as Murali. People who look at averages as the be all and end all of cricket analysis are not just doing a good job of it anyways.
About India's batting. There has been a marked difference in the way Vijay has batted vs Rahane has and I do think it has something valuable to tell us about their abilities.
Again not something i said, we all know he isn't as good as him. I just said that the fact that he looks unplayable in these conditions doesn't necessarily tell us that much. The pitches in SRL for instance which were more sporting and where he was the best performer revealed a lot more.

Vijay played well but again most of the big innings this series - which have been extremely few - have involved massive amounts of good fortune on the batsmans' part. The team as such isn't as good against spin bowling as it should be.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I am also watching right now, and watched some of yesterdays. We're in the 4th innings on the 2nd day, and no-one has made more than 40. It's not entirely bad batting. The pitch is ****e.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very rare that an opening bowler delivers 5 overs in a test and has arguably been left on too long in both innings

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am watching it right now and have watched several hours of it - it's a **** heap
I'll take your word for it. But you saying the scorecard and the "average runs per wicket" is proof of the pitch being bad was just about the worst piece of evidence you could've used to justify your opinion of the pitch.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
No. Only the dumb ones who don't have the ability and the temperament have done that.
When you know you're going to get a ball with your name on it and you are not sure, it's more optimal to be aggressive and maximise the amount of runs you can score rather than play orthodox, textbook cricket. Don't see what is so outrageous about this.

cnerd123

likes this
I am also watching right now, and watched some of yesterdays. We're in the 4th innings on the 2nd day, and no-one has made more than 40. It's not entirely bad batting. The pitch is ****e.
Its atleast 70% bad batting.

We've seen several batting lineups implode in the face of a pitch that offers a decent amount of support for bowlers. This game is no different. The pitch isn't unplayable. It's a tough, low scoring wicket that needs application and a solid defensive technique. Both sides have been found lacking. Ashwin and Jadeja have been incredible. Calling this pitch 'poor' and writing this game off is just lazy and unfair.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When you know you're going to get a ball with your name on it and you are not sure, it's more optimal to be aggressive and maximise the amount of runs you can score rather than play orthodox, textbook cricket. Don't see what is so outrageous about this.
*sigh * Then why have Pujara and Vijay got runs by playing normally.

This is about the fifth time I've posted thus.

indiaholic

International Captain
If you get a half volley, hit it for a six and if it is short pull and cut with all the freedom you want but playing on the up on a pitch as slow as this is just bad batting. Not to mention the slogging and sweeping to balls that are not there to be swept.

King Pietersen

International Captain
They're 2/29 mate. They're doing really well :/

Its atleast 70% bad batting.

We've seen several batting lineups implode in the face of a pitch that offers a decent amount of support for bowlers. This game is no different. The pitch isn't unplayable. It's a tough, low scoring wicket that needs application and a solid defensive technique. Both sides have been found lacking. Ashwin and Jadeja have been incredible. Calling this pitch 'poor' and writing this game off is just lazy and unfair.
I've not written the game off. It's certainly entertaining. The pitch is rubbish though. Test matches shouldn't be finishing in two and a half days.