• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I take it all back Jono. Great strategy to keep Mayanti happy by playing Binny in a 1 day test. Kohli WAG.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just realised this means Binny didn't have a chance to fail and will thus open the bowling next game as well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I just realised this means Binny didn't have a chance to fail and will thus open the bowling next game as well.
Nah I don't think this is necessarily true. This team balance seemed very much picked for the conditions; if the conditions are different in the next game he might not play.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Best result for South Africa I guess. I think this can be a crucial break allowing them to regroup and pick themselves up. 0-2 going into the final 2 tests would have been a herculean task to bounce back.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah but 2012 is more recent. That is the test match that will make the biggest cricket lover fall out of love with the game.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Nah I don't think this is necessarily true. This team balance seemed very much picked for the conditions; if the conditions are different in the next game he might not play.
Ya I think the Indian selection in both tests were decent...much better than in SL

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I am blaming the BCCI though :p

They've done this too many times to attribute it to mere happenstance. The last few years we've seen Nov-Dec games in Chennai rained out, it's Bangalore this time.

They've got to get it into their heads that North India should get Nov-Dec games and South India the Jan-Mar ones (or even the Aug-Oct ones when the west and parts of the north are to be avoided). It's just basic common sense to take the weather patterns into account when deciding the rotation, especially when the patterns are so utterly predictable.

Last edited: