• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honestly think they should just call off the game if no play tomm and play an exhibition game on Wed instead. Let the fans watch a full game with a winner instead of a game where no one is interested in anything.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Exhibition match will be washed out as well. **** it, not worth risking injury. SA in particular can't afford any more.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From a SA point of view it would be good to go out there take a few wickets get Morkel, Abott, Duminy in particular back into some bowling form, an then for Amla and Faf to bat out day 5 without any major pressure and I would be very happy with the match practise.... didn't get much before the start of the series so take what we can get... :)

Shri

Mr. Glass
Exhibition match will be washed out as well. **** it, not worth risking injury. SA in particular can't afford any more.
And its ****ing idiotic to play a completely different format in the middle of a test series and ruin your rhythm.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

I meant if it was all bright and sunny on Day 5 after the other 3 days get washed out. BTW, seems weather is clearing in Chennai. There might be a slight possibility of play tomm at Bangalore.

And it wont ruin anyone's rhythm. It will be an "exhibition" game for a reason. The priority is to repay the fans who paid. To be fair, I wont mind them just packing up after tomm and refunding the spectators for tickets from Days 2 to 5. But if there has to be some cricket played on Day 5, I would rather it be an exhibition game with a result than a nothing game that no one really wants to watch. Exhibition Match of a different format > glorified mid pitch net session.

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
Out of the last four Tests that South Africa have played (including this one) how many days have been rained out?

Already two if this one, four in the second Test against Bangladesh, and one or two in the first Test of that series (if I recall correctly).

Sachin114

Cricket Spectator
Out of the last four Tests that South Africa have played (including this one) how many days have been rained out?

Already two if this one, four in the second Test against Bangladesh, and one or two in the first Test of that series (if I recall correctly).
Two days were rained out in the first test against Bangladesh. That makes it 8 days already in 4 matches and possibly 10 if this rain in Bangalore continues.