• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
And over the long period of time, Amla's Test record is superior. What exactly is the problem here? You can't judge a record based on cricket that hasn't been played yet.
Ok if you feel Amla has the better overall record, that's up to you but I think this is far from clear and beyond debate as you put it. I think a very strong case can be made for ABD having the overall better record.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never said he is rubbish. Kindly stop putting words in my mouth and making fake arguments. All I said was that he is not as good as ABD which is true for 99% of the batsmen today. Doesn't make the 99% rubbish. Stop living in the world of hyperbole. There is a lot of greatness and excellence between ABD and Mohd Irfan as batsmen.
You said nowhere near which is complete horse****. Currently, he's far better yes. That has nothing to do with how you worded your post (ie) "just because Amla averages as much as AB". As hough Amla's average flatters him.

Stapel

International Regular
Woah just remembered that Vilas is an Indian name. Can't believe I never realised it till now.
He doesn't exactly look like he might have an Indian great-great-grandfather though. My, somewhat educated, guess would be that the name is Spanish. Must say Dane Vilas doesn't appear Spanish either.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He doesn't exactly look like he might have an Indian great-great-grandfather though. My, somewhat educated, guess would be that the name is Spanish. Must say Dane Vilas doesn't appear Spanish either.
Welcome to the melting pot of SA history...

PS. Nice Shot AB

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
These ABD chants making me so proud. We don't have a great record of celebrating foreign players at least in stadiums. AB the perfect guy to receive all the love too.

Teja.

Global Moderator
These ABD chants making me so proud. We don't have a great record of celebrating foreign players at least in stadiums. AB the perfect guy to receive all the love too.
People are nuts about AB in Bangalore. Would cheer him to 400.